Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Tags
1K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  drdoan 
#1 ·
New to the forum. Just bought an HD-20 and going to be setting it up in a basement with complete light control. My only real problem right now is the echo from the brick walls and cement floor. I'm going to be building a custom screen and also putting together a sound system in the next 3-4 weeks.

#6 ·
Well I might be skimping on the custom audio side. Right now I'm pretty set on the Denon/Boston Acoustic combo in a box (DHT590BA)for around $600 at Best Buy. I don't want to spend any more than that and it looks like a good setup for someone just getting into it.

#7 ·
Hi and welcome aboard, That combo will do for the very short term but you will find you will want more and will be upgrading sooner rather than later. We generally dont recommend spending anything less than $1200 on a system that includes a sub 5 speakers and a receiver. See here and here for more details.

#8 ·
That's why I liked that combo becaues I figured the Denon reciever would last and I could upgrade the speakers later starting with the fronts and center. I like the Audyssey Dynamic Volume on the Denon as well as the HDMI switching (pass through). I dont' really care about any video upconversion since I will only be using my samsung blu ray player and direct tv (with some occasional wii but that video quality sucks anyway).

#10 ·
That's why I liked that combo becaues I figured the Denon reciever would last
It depends on what receiver they are giving you with that setup, Do you know the model number?

#13 ·
I would be more concerned with the 590's ability to drive those speakers very well, its fairly underpowered.

#14 ·
Welcome to the Shack. Have fun. Dennis

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.