Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

From Belgium also

Tags
belgium
1K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  erwinbel 
#1 ·
Hello,

I am Erwin from Belgium. We are building a new house with a multi purpose HT / family room.
I think this is a fine bunch!

Actually found this site looking for info on DIY subwoofers for the HT. We would go for the B&W CT-700 in cabinet series but 2 of those 15" SW + the separate amps would cost 5500€ hence the search for DIY SW...

#4 ·
Welcome Erwin. Have fun. Dennis

#7 ·
Here is the floorplan from the HT. It changed a few times, but hey, only a fool never changes his opinion. I would like an alternative for the 2 B&W subs. These would have to go below or next to the screen.
View attachment Ronse2010B_HTplan.pdf

#10 ·
Thanks!

Mark P has already been a fantastic advocat for a DIY pair of LLT SW

#14 ·
At least, the SW should be chosen to fit the room. But I don't see many Belgians in the future making their own subs. Americans have more tradition in DIY I'd say.:T Donno about the Brits.
OTOH, our house will be used as a client magnet for the wood framing houses I would like to specialize in (5% market share in Belgium vs brick). So who knows, maybe some of them will want the SW too?

The Maelstroms are ordered, hope to build it a week from now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.