Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

New interest in DIY repairs

2K views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  celica_pete21 
#1 ·
Hi, My name is Bryan. I love to fix all kinds of stuff. Pretty much anything that is broke. The reason why I wanted to join this site as a member is that I am now going to ITT Technical Institute and have really been getting into working on computers, TVs and other electronics. Right now there have been alot of TVs coming my way and I figured this would be a great place to get some advice on how to fix them. If anyone wants to help me out before my next few posts maybe on some pointers, the TV i'm working on now is a 57" TOSHIBA THEATERWIDE HD model:57h81. No sound or picture. Power light flashes red.

#2 ·
I would strongly consider joining some of the forums dedicated to repair. Some are free and some are for a fee. We only provide general information here but if you look at the stickies in the DIY Repair and other Service and Support forums there are links to some very informative sites.

#8 ·
Welcome Bryan. Have fun. Dennis

#10 ·
Hello Bryan, and welcome to the Shack.
We typically won't post a lot of advice under this section because we like other members to be able to find threads under specific topics. If you haven't done so, post your question under the appropriate thread and I'm sure you will get some good responses. Enjoy!

Matteo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.