Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Hello from Belgium

Tags
belgium
1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Sir Terrence 
G
#1 ·
Hi,
Sonnie and John just dropped me an email asking why I never posted anything at the Shack although I am a registered user. The reason would be that I registered mainly because I was interested in room –EQ . I didn’t stop to think about what I can -perhaps -offer.

So- for whatever it’s worth - here goes:

I have been producing/recording/mixing for 25 years and mastering for 8 (both semi-pro). I participated in a medium-sized recording-studio from 1994 to 2004 and have my own mastering-studio since 1998. I’ve just finished a new and small recording-studio (separate booth’s , complete valve-circuit, analogue mixing, digital recording/editing on Nuendo/RME) next to the mastering-room. Reason: I started missing the producing, recording and mixing too much.
On my passport it says that I am fifty but I feel like 32 (even younger now I am starting “something new…again”.) I am also a musician: I compose, write and play piano since longer than I can remember.
I find that music keeps me young, I like challenges (keeps me alive), I am most experienced in Jazz, Blues , pop and rock* (old-school like Led Zeppelin,Pink Floyd) as far as mixing concerns .
As for mastering: most of the time I get heavy stuff (like Evanessence, motorhead…) or Brit-pop .
My clients : mainly local bands and recognised studio-musicians on a “personal” budget with the exception for hard-rock, hardcore and so on…not only Belgian bands but also stuff from Canada, US (and they send their CD’s via “snail”-mail).

You can visit the website : www.studiomax.be

So, if I can be of any assistance or can offer any ideas, feel free to contact me: JeanMarie.Jacobs@vdab.be.

Just this…I am not a technical expert in anything (although I know Bob Katz book by heart). I do things by ear and I developed my own and very personal way of working. :coocoo:
Cheers, JM

See less See more
#3 ·
JM,
Our backgrounds are so simular it not funny. Welcome to the Shack!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.