Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Home theater lover in Idaho

1K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  nova 
#1 ·
Hi, I registered here a few months ago but haven't been active, I'm hoping to change all that. Home theater wasn't ever a big interest of mine. It wasn't until I visited my wife and her family's house in Wisconsin that I got to see what a well done home theater could actually do. It's been after that I've developed a passion for it and been able to upgrade some components in my humble system.

Recently however, my receiver finally gave up the ghost, an Onkyo 606 so now I'm without surround sound or being able to switch to my different components for a while. Have to try and build up the funds to purchase a new receiver. I really liked the Onkyo although mine was plagued with the HDMI card in it having issues. Had to take it in for the seventh time this most recent outing. Now its deader then a doornail. So I'm open to suggestions as different brands to try.

#2 ·
Welcome to the Shack b00tleg!

As far as suggestions, I personally really like Denon receivers. I've had Onkyo receivers, Harman Kardon, Sony, Integra, plus others I am sure. Denon has been my favorite of them all.

#12 ·
Welcome to the Forum. Have fun. Dennis

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.