Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Newbie from L.A.

Tags
la newbie
1K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  mechman 
#1 ·
Hi, another member from L.A. (Lower Alabama to all of you who don't live here). Mobile in my case.

I have had some sort of surround setup since VHS days. Currently my 2 theatre systems were professionally setup with 5.1 and Anthem receivers. He even uses a custom EQ file with ARC which helps out both the theater, and music only use of my systems.

I have joined recently to work on my man cave system, which is 2 channel only, no sub, but as I have the nice microphone from my Anthem system, I am wanting to work with REW to help my small system in a small room, both for quality 2 channel listening, and for movie watching in this room. I hope to use the REW to best use some room treatments, and or EQ system (software/hardware) if needed to make my room work as well as possible.

I have some basic audio knowledge, I have built a few transformer/tube components from kits over the past few years, and sometimes DIY cables. Room treatment is all new to me, as would be any EQ system. Looking forward to learning a lot here.

Nice to meet you all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.