Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Hello, I am WmAx; I am testing the waters.

3K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  nova 
#1 · (Edited)
My name is Chris, and I live in Virginia. I am new to this forum, and I have not yet decided if I will stay. My usual forum is www.audioholics.com, under the same WmAx screen name. I also post on www.hydrogenaudio.org under the same screen name. I used to post on www.head-fi.org as well, in order to try and talk sense into the vast number of seemingly ignorant audiophiles that allow themselves to be duped into what appears to be various snake oil products. However, I was eventually banned from that site for back-talking a moderator in regards to his extreme politically correct viewpoints. Evidence of this was deleted by the moderator, there for no obvious posts will be found under my username that would explain the banned status.

My hobby is primarily the study and application of [credible] perceptual research in regards to sound reproduction; primarily in regards to loudspeaker systems for musical reproduction.

I have standards of extraordinary magnitude when it comes to sound reproduction of music. Oddly enough, I do not care very much about movie sound reproduction. But it is true that I have a far greater appreciation for music; so this is the likely reason. I do not subscribe to any non-credible theories or exotic audio hardware that fails to deliver unique quality to justify the prices, such as is commonly found being discussed on sites such as www.audioasylum.com or www.head-fi.org.

Do I sound boring? If so, I don't blame you. I could easily put myself to sleep on many occasions. :)

-Chris

See less See more
#6 ·
Hi Chris, hope you can find a place here at the Shack. As always, we each have our opinions and likes. At least here, we can agree or disagree peaceably. Most here are pretty knoledgeable. Having high standards is definitely a plus. Have fun, Dennis

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.