Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Newbee's first post HELLO!

Tags
newbee post
1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  lcaillo 
#1 ·
Hi all, my name is Rick and I live in Alabama (for now).

I am a little upset because my junk filter on my email caught the notice about the panamax 5400. I just read it, went to the web sight to purchase 2 or 3 units and of course they are gone ARRRGGGHHAAAA!!::rant:

Anyhow I am in the framing process of a major remodel on my house which includes a HT room, it is 13x23x9 with double 2x4 walls and ceiling with a 3" air gap And double drywall on the interior walls.

I am going to use a IB subwoofer with 4 18's installed horizontally front and center under the screen and vented to the outside. It will be crossed @50Hz so hopefully my neighbors won't be to bothered.

I am also going to build a couple sets of line arrays for the front and rears, don't know about the center and side speakers yet. any ideas???????????

I haven't decided on what type of tv yet, projection, lcd, plasma ect.

All help on everthing, sound proofing, speaker design, equipment ect. would be greatly appreciated.

When the room is completed I would be more than happy to give demo's to anyone who has an intrest.

Regards, Rick.

Anyone know where I can get a Panamax 5400 cheap?

See less See more
#2 ·
Hello Rick and welcome to the Shack!

I bet Rodny would be willing to help you with your build. You might even speak with him on that IB... you might end up preferring the LLT.

Sounds like a nice room to build up. When you get a chance you should start a construction thread in our Home Theater Design and Construction forum and be sure to post some pics.

We got lots of help for you ... and you'll probably want to post in several forums.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.