Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Another rookie in DIY home theater

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Prof. 
G
#1 ·
I'm not sure how to do this but I'm willing to learn. I've been into home theater for 10 years now. I currently have a rear projection RCA 52" CRT and I'm looking to upgrade to a Epson Home Cinema 720 with a diy wall screen. I've been looking at the posts from tiddler about the easy flex screen systems and I'm not quite sure which color I should go with. If someone could help me it would be greatly appreciated. I know the lumens are 1600 and the contrast ratio is 10000:1 my room is rectangular in shape (13'6" W x 22' L) with a 10' L x 5' H picture window on one long wall (I'm planning on installing room darkening vertical blinds to control the light) and an open room on the other long wall, where the screen is to be located there is a recessed (8' L) wall on the wall with open room. I'm looking for a screen size around 112" diag. I was thinking of easy flex 06? Could you please help?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

:scratchhead: :scratchhead: :scratchhead:

G
#7 · (Edited)
Has anyone used Minwax Polycrylic for a topcoat?

Has anyone used Minwax Polycrylic for a topcoat. I don't have a Home Depot near and am on a TIGHT budget. I plan on using Wal-Mart's paint matched to SW7071 with a 2 coat Kilz2 basecoat. Would the Minwax work?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.