Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Brand new to real Home Theater

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  nova 
#1 ·
Hi

I'm really just starting to look at projectors & a dedicated Home theater room .I am a little confused with all the choices. I'm going to have a problem because of my space, I have a basement area that I plan to wall off, this area can be up to12X20' my problem is the ceiling( just unfinished bare Joists at this time) which are just 6ft 10 inches from the floor the projectors in my price range are all entry level 720 X 1280 machines which all seem to have limited install features although I've been looking at the Mitsubishi HC1500 I am open to suggestions? My hope is a 16x9 screen size of 8 ft or 96 in wide.

Thanks

#2 ·
Welcome to the Shack, Randy. My HT room is 11.8 x 15 with a vaulted ceiling. I use an Optoma H31 it is a 480p projector and does fine. Make sure your projector can throw a picture at the level (angle) you will install it. Some have more flexible adjustments than others. Have fun, Dennis

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.