Bill Shenefelt introductary post - Home Theater Forum and Systems -

post #1 of 10 Old 10-04-14, 10:10 AM Thread Starter
Bill Shenefelt introductary post

I do not know where I do my introduction in the forum but here goes.
My name is Bill Shenefelt, nickname Shene

I live in southwestern Pa. I am over 70 but a kid at heart when it comes to electronics. I usually go for used over new to get the most product quality for my money.

I have a 13 1/2 by 27' living room. At one end is my theater. Consists of an Epson Pro6010 projector and a Dalite screen and a Sony 65" 4k tv. The source audio is an Avantage Yamaha 3010, fed primarily by Dish Network and an Oppo 93 blue ray player with a darblet outboard unit.
I also have an old pioneer lasardisk with multiple movie disks, a Toshiba HDDVD player (and maybe 3 disks for it before the format was discontinued), as well as a JVC HD videocassette player.
The speaker setup is a pair fo JBL L-300's (in home built enclosures but using JBL drivers and crossover networks). The surround is a front Klipsch RC64 center and a pair of Klipsch RS 62 side surrounds. Rear surrounds are a little set of JBL Bookshelf speakers mounted in the wall. Subwoofer is the SVS PC 13 ultra.

At the opposite end wall of the room is my stereo system. I know it is not home theater but provides some sense of my taste in sound and what equipment I have available. I started "collecting" in the early 1970's, My preamps include an Apt Holman, A Nakamichi tape deck preamp and an Accuphase C 200. I have 4 three head Nak cassette decks (At one time I did a little live recording of chorus orchestra and theater organ and made tapes for the performance sponsor to offer at the concerts or for theeir historical archives). My record player is a Sota Saphire with a unipivot arm and Grado cartridge. Additional sources include a Tascam DAT, a Sony Minidisk player and a Marantz SA 6004 CD player.
I have a Marchand active crossover set at about 380 cps feeding two amps. The bass amp is a Heathkit AA 1800, 250 W/channel and the treble amp is an Amber series 70. The speakers are another home built cabinet set. The bass is a 15 inch JBL 136A ported cabinet with treble handled by a 10 inch midrange cone driver and LE 85 horn and 077 slot radiators mocking up a JBL 4343 studio monitor system.

If this is not where I should post this please let me know with a response.

Read more:
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 10 Old 10-04-14, 10:24 AM
HTS Senior Moderator
My System
Re: Bill Shenefelt introductary post

Welcome to the SHACK, Bill... Glad you joined.

My Home Theater
Yamaha CX-A5100, (3) JBL 2360A/EV DHA-1s, (3) 1/4 Pie bass bins, (2 pr) JBL 8340As, (2 pr) JBL 8320s, PS3, XBox One, (2) Intel NUCs, Redmere HDMI cables, Monster Signature HTPS7000, (2) Furman Power Conditioners, (2) DTS-10 subs, Panasonic AE8000, SeymourAV 180 (195" diag) scope screen, Darbee Darcet, Panamorph UH-480 lens, (2) Crest Audio 2208, Yamaha XM-4080 & P7000s, (2) MiniDSP DDRC-88M, Pioneer BDP-80DF
My Go Big or Go Home Theater Construction Thread
post #3 of 10 Old 10-04-14, 10:26 AM
Plain ole user
Tech Guru
Send a message via AIM to lcaillo

Welcome to Home Theater Shack, Shene. We are happy you chose to join us!

Looking for me, just google my username. I have used the same one for most sites for many years.
post #4 of 10 Old 10-04-14, 06:45 PM
HTS Senior Moderator
The Mad Professor
My System

Hi..Shene and welcome..

Home Theatre...the never ending story!
post #5 of 10 Old 10-04-14, 07:10 PM
HTS Senior Moderator

Welcome to the forum Shene.

Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.

DIY completed:
post #6 of 10 Old 10-04-14, 07:59 PM
HTS Senior Moderator

Hello and welcome to HTS.

"Music is the space between the notes"
[T]o talk well and eloquently is a very great art, but that an equally great one is to know the right moment to stop.
post #7 of 10 Old 10-04-14, 09:02 PM
Elite Shackster
Steve Mechelke -mech
My System
post #8 of 10 Old 10-05-14, 09:08 AM
HTS Moderator
My System

Hi Bill, welcome to HTS and thanks for joining. Sounds like a pretty slick setup you've got there.
post #9 of 10 Old 10-05-14, 01:17 PM
HTS Senior Moderator
HTS Reviewer
2 channel view
My System

Glad you could join us, Bill!

"I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit." - Bill Hicks
post #10 of 10 Old 10-18-14, 07:32 AM
HTS Administrator
News Editor
Todd Anderson
My System

Welcome to Home Theater Shack! Glad to have you on board.

If you're a Facebook user, click on the Facebook icon at the top of the page and "Like" us on Facebook!

Regards, Todd

bill , introductary , post , shenefelt

Quick Reply

Register Now

Confirm Password
Email Address
Confirm Email Address
Random Question
Random Question #2

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address

Activation requires you reply to an email we will send you after you register... if you do not reply to this email, you will not be able to view certain areas of the forum or certain images... nor will you be able download software.

See our banned email list here: Banned Email List

We DO NOT respond to spamcop, boxtrapper and spamblocker emails... please add @hometheatershack DOT com to your whitelist prior to registering or you will get nowhere on your registration.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page