Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Dale Rasco 
#1 ·
Hi everyone!

Since I am working now for almost 2 years on my HT in the basement, and to be onest I have found very useful information that helped me build it, I decided to join THE SCHACK.

This week I will receive my new speakers the teufel Theater 10's.

Further this week I will post the plan of my room and I would be greatful if you could help me fine tune the system with your experience.

Best regards,

RZS

#5 ·
Welcome to the Forum. Have fun. Dennis

#10 ·
Hello,

I just picked up my Loudspekers from Germany. Yesterday I managed to carry down the second Sub(60 kg) into the basement and wired the Front Teufel FCR 1000's. Each weigts 30 kg.
Please advice me if I should try a LS management processor or I should let the receiver(onkyo tx-nr 1007) do his job with the Audyssey calibration system.
At the first listening I noticed that I have standing waves in the room.

The room has an L shape. I have attached a drawing of the room.
Please help me place the two Subs.

Thanx,

RZs

Attachments

#11 ·
I use and am quite pleased with the Audyssey, it does a great job all around. Have fun. Dennis

#12 ·
Front wall

Hi,

now that I have all the speakers, I am planing to buid the front wall beacause I'm intending to move the screen a little bit nearer to the seating position.
I replaced the sofa(2meters from the back wall) and a placed the two subs on the back wall. It sounds much better. the audyssey worked fine. I hope it will work better after the accoustic treatment.

Can You help me were should I put the accoustic panels and what kind?

Attached a view of the front wall and the possible speaker placement and another view from the plan of the cinema.

Thanx guys,

Zs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.