Dolby Atmos - Page 14 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

28Likes

post #131 of 140 Old 12-11-16, 03:08 PM
Elite Shackster

My System
Re: Dolby Atmos

Thanks. It does sound pretty good if I do say so myself. I can't help my imagination from imagining atmos tracks while watching movies. I do get a pretty decent overhead effect as my tweets are at 71". Still, not the same. Nice camera. It's about the only reason I'd consider an upgrade right now. Here's one more I shot today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Todd Anderson likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #132 of 140 Old 12-11-16, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Jeff

My System
Me likes!!
post #133 of 140 Old 12-11-16, 07:04 PM
Elite Shackster

My System

Thx Jeff. If you ever get to central mn, I'd be happy to invite you in and buy you a beer. Fresh squeezed IPA by deschutes is the best. 'Specially floating around in the boat. Just sayin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #134 of 140 Old 12-11-16, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Jeff

My System
Appreciate the invite and I'd absolutely look you up.
post #135 of 140 Old 12-12-16, 09:19 AM
Shackster

My System

Quote:
JBrax wrote: View Post
Today is the big day. I've got all six speakers mounted up and ready to go. By the EOD I'll be ready for some Atmos action tonight. Pics to follow.

Attachment 119186
Did you have to modify the speaker to use the mount? I see the keyhole mount up high, but not sure if something is behind the Klipsch sticker/plate. Also, what mounts are they? It looks like the speakers are about 10 pounds each and that's pretty much the max for the ones I've been looking at. Are the height speakers supposed to be mounted horizontally? What's the advantage for horizontal vs. vertical orientation?

I really wish more bookshelves like these were available in white. I'll probably mount high on the front and rear walls, but white would still look better than black. I've been looking at DefTech Promonitor 1000's since they are white, have decent sized drivers in a reasonably sized enclosure, and the rest of my speakers are DefTech's, although I'm open to other choices. I have some time off around Christmas and I'd really like to install Atmos soon.
post #136 of 140 Old 12-12-16, 09:29 AM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Jeff

My System
Everything you need was included with the mounts I purchased. As far as horizontal/vertical positioning I don't think it really matters. Here are the mounts I used. http://www.omnimount.com/products/sp...ries/10.0_w-c/
post #137 of 140 Old 12-15-16, 01:34 PM
Elite Shackster

OJ

My System

Quote:
I do love pics! Here's another pic taken yesterday with the 7 Plus. Again similar to previous but loving Atmos. Yes, I know rears and sides are too close but we work with what we have. Sounds amazing regardless.
JBrax, nice Atmos setup! Looks like you're bouncing the overhead speakers off the ceiling, or am I just looking at them wrong?

Things have definitely been a little quieter around here lately, which I'm sad to see. Hopefully it's just cyclical and will pick up again. I know my interests tend to spread around and I drift in and out from time to time.

- OJ -

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

post #138 of 140 Old 12-15-16, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Jeff

My System
Quote:
Owen Bartley wrote: View Post
Quote:
I do love pics! Here's another pic taken yesterday with the 7 Plus. Again similar to previous but loving Atmos. Yes, I know rears and sides are too close but we work with what we have. Sounds amazing regardless.
JBrax, nice Atmos setup! Looks like you're bouncing the overhead speakers off the ceiling, or am I just looking at them wrong?

Things have definitely been a little quieter around here lately, which I'm sad to see. Hopefully it's just cyclical and will pick up again. I know my interests tend to spread around and I drift in and out from time to time.
No, the overhead speakers are angled down toward the seating positions. The mounts allow for moving the speakers which is also nice. It really has transformed the listening experience. It has been very quiet around here.
post #139 of 140 Old 12-15-16, 09:50 PM
Shackster

My System

Well, I did order the Promonitor 800's (DefTech said they were pretty much just as good as the 1000's for Atmos), omnimounts and a big spool of wire. Looks like I'll be busy pretty soon. Pretty excited!
willis7469 likes this.
post #140 of 140 Old 12-16-16, 08:03 AM
Elite Shackster
Todd Anderson

My System

Wow. Great looking rig you've got there!