Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Audyssey Graphs - Please post your results!

100K views 121 replies 36 participants last post by  Bear123 
#1 ·
Please post your Audyssey graphs (before and after) here in this thread.

Be sure to tell us what processor or receiver you are using.

Please keep graphs only in this thread and any comments in the Audyssey MultEQ Discussion Thread.

Thanks!

This is from my NAD T785 .... Audyssey MultEQ.

Gold = No EQ
Red = NAD Audyssey

Sub response range... 1/3 octave smoothing...

Full range... 1/3 octave smoothing...

Sub gain had to be cut considerably from this... it was about 20db hot! I'll get some new graphs posted soon.

All in all, I am very happy with what Audyssey did with my response, especially in the lower end. No reason to even hook up my BFD with this response. Rodny came down to the house today and we setup my new receiver and the new pair of SVS PC-Ultra subs. What surprised us the most is how well Audyssey is able to handle the lowest octaves with what seems to be no adverse effects thus far.

Please keep graphs only in this thread and any comments in the Audyssey MultEQ Discussion Thread.

Thanks!

See less See more
#107 ·
Hello Everyone!
How did you get your results?
As far as I know Audyssey works only on HDMI inputs and REW with USB interface
has analog audio outputs.
How do you connect your measurement systems?

Could you please help me with this?
I use REW to test room acoustic, but I would also like to
check my Audyssey calibrations.

Thomas

#109 ·
Dont want to start a new thread for this question. Does Audyssey change levels for the speakers so that when the volume is at 0 they are at reference?

I am wondering because after I used Multi EQ it changed my levels to -2db on L/R and -9.5db on my sub. Just wondering why it changed them to that level as opposed to another level that would still have the speakers balanced.

#110 ·
chrapladm said:
Dont want to start a new thread for this question. Does Audyssey change levels for the speakers so that when the volume is at 0 they are at reference?

I am wondering because after I used Multi EQ it changed my levels to -2db on L/R and -9.5db on my sub. Just wondering why it changed them to that level as opposed to another level that would still have the speakers balanced.
Yes

#111 ·
I realize this thread is pretty much dead but my latest subwoofer measurements are below. Taken with REW and a UMIK-1 calibrated from CSL. MultiEQ XT seems to do a pretty good job. You can also see the effects of dynamic EQ at this SPL level. I have noticed that Audyssey applies gains and cuts and will also adjust the overall sub level. It also seems to increase THD significantly (as measured by REW). Maybe all eq does, not sure. Sounds great nonetheless!

Attachments

#112 ·
Amazing.

#113 ·
Not sure if this is the place to post this. Im very new to the whole REW thing, just got my UMIK1 mic and set it up on a Macbook. I measured at the main listening position, but have no idea how good (read bad) the graph is that i ended up with. This is after running Audyssey on my Marantz SR6008. I have an SVS 12NSD in my living room, so there are no room treatments etc, its just a regular rectangular shaped room.
Text White Line Plot Slope

Any input/advice/comments would be greatly appreciated. Oh yeah this is my first post :wave:

#114 · (Edited)
Still working on the 41 Hz suckout, but subs placement possibilities are limited, so it's phase, distance, volume settings and direction only :/. I like the sound though, which is kind of what matters. DynEQ is on, -10 dB reference level offset. Target settings with hard knee house curve and 1,5 dB/octave rolloff @ 1 kHz Text White Line Blue Pattern

#117 ·
Usually it's caused by a two reflections (primary and secondary) running into each other. And usually, the offending wall is the one directly behind the MLP.

Where is the door located that changes your null from 60Hz to 50Hz and what happens when both doors are opened?

#116 · (Edited)
Here's our current graph.

Two Rythmik FV15HPs attached to a Denon AVR4520CI using XT32/SubEQ HT room correction software. Each subwoofer is equipped with a PEQ that allows each sub to separately EQ a particular frequency or bandwidth. One subwoofer is placed directly behind the MLP and one is placed on the opposite wall across from the MLP.

#122 ·
Yeah I don't know. Probably a combination of lousy room and lousy speaker placement. I am going to take some more measurements when the new sub comes in. Speaker placement is not extremely flexible but I have 1 minor option. I might try a rug or something? I'll throw a big fuzzy blanket down to see what it does maybe. Also hoping the new sub with two opposed drivers might help my bass response a little more..fingers crossed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.