Audyssey Graphs - Please post your results! - Page 9 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #81 of 122 Old 07-05-10, 12:23 PM
Elite Shackster

Re: Audyssey Graphs - Please post your results!

Ive only ever tried it without the centre and surrounds, and I guess its normal to expect the same not to be true for the fronts, but you never know, the system may just report them as not connected and carry on regardless. I need to order a new Audyssey mic as I lost mine somehow in a house move, so I cant easily try it myself now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 122 Old 07-05-10, 09:07 PM
Shackster
Ryan

Quote:
hifisponge wrote: View Post
Try redoing the Audyssey set-up, but this time instead of pointing the tip of the microphone straight up, tilt it slightly away from the front speakers. This may help restore the perceived high frequency loss.
This may be a good suggestion. I will give it a try. Thanks.
post #83 of 122 Old 07-05-10, 09:13 PM
Shackster
Ryan

Quote:
Moonfly wrote: View Post
Cant you just unplug the speakers so the system only detects the sub woofer, thereby fooling it into only eq'ing the sub. I dont have surrounds so I know there is no issue on that front, but I suppose how it reacts to no fronts will make the difference. It costs nothing to try though.
Yeah, this may fooling the onkyo 906. I remember during Audyssey autosetup, when it did not detect any speakers, it will bypass that channels and reported there was no speaker connected at that channel.
This may work. I will give it a try. Thanks Dan.

post #84 of 122 Old 12-02-10, 12:44 PM
Shackster
Ben

My System

Anyone have any graphs of Audyssey MultEQ whom have upgraded to MultEQ-XT? I'm looking to upgrade my AVR/processor and I want audyssey. I get a severe allison effect -20db around 270hz and i have a huge +20db peak at 39hz. I can manually eq some of it with my current equipment but it is just not cutting it. I know that there shouldnt be much difference for the sub between the two eq's but im curious about the surrounds. has anyone noticed an improvement in the sattelite resolution on their graphs or sonically? I'm trying to justify getting a unit with multeq-xt.
post #85 of 122 Old 12-02-10, 01:10 PM
Elite Shackster

Have a read of this first
post #86 of 122 Old 12-02-10, 02:22 PM
Senior Shackster
Bill

MultEQ v MultEQ XT

Quote:
eyecatcher127 wrote: View Post
Anyone have any graphs of Audyssey MultEQ whom have upgraded to MultEQ-XT? ...
I was reluctant to post these, as I took the measurements very early on, a year ago, when I was still learning how to get reasonably consistent measurements with REW, and before I bought a calibrated microphone.

Audyssey Graphs - Please post your results!-091015.989vs790.jpg

In this graph, the light green line is from the Denon AVR-989, with MultEQ XT, and the blue line is from the Denon AVR-790, with MultEQ. It was taken at only one measurement point, of both front speakers so comb filtering effects may be present, with a Radio Shack meter so the accuracy at the high end and the bottom of the sub range are suspect. With all these caveats, the graph does support the idea that MultEQ XT does do a little better job of evening out the peaks and reducing the variation above the 80Hz crossover.

Bill
post #87 of 122 Old 12-02-10, 02:49 PM
Shackster
Ben

My System

thanks, i'm very famliar with the specs, i've been following audyssey for years. I was looking for some real world info someone can give me some feedback on not marketing. Im looking for someone out there that has upgraded proccesors with the same speakers cause I'd like to see a full range graph comparing no eq with multeq to multeq-xt.
post #88 of 122 Old 12-02-10, 02:59 PM
Shackster
Ben

My System

cool thanks bill. Its hard to say based on your results. I'd like to see some more. I've owned a pioneer with mccac and the radio shack meter. Back then I didnt' have a calibrated mic or rew then so no graphs. I now have the calibrated dayton mic with rew. They are a must have. I took some measurements and the cal mic and rew have allow me to do a better job manully equalizing my yamaha but I have some bad acoustics. I hope audyssey can fix me up. I know my system can sound better.

Last edited by eyecatcher127; 12-02-10 at 03:13 PM.
post #89 of 122 Old 12-26-10, 09:04 PM
Shackster
Ben

My System

Here are my first full range graphs using Onkyo TX-NR3008 w/ Audyssey XT32, SVS SCS-01 mains, SBS-01 Surrounds, PB13-Ultra. Measured with cross specturm's calibrated EMM-6, 90 degree narrow band at the primary listening position.
Attached Thumbnails
Audyssey Graphs - Please post your results!-2.1-xt32_dyneq.jpg  

Audyssey Graphs - Please post your results!-5.1-xt32_dyneq.jpg  

post #90 of 122 Old 12-26-10, 09:20 PM
Senior Shackster

Tufelhundin

Man....to my untrained eye that looks very impressive. What I found weird and have never noticed "at least not without going back and checking my own graphs" is how DynEQ effected the upper end of the spectrum. I knew it effected the lower end.