Claiming my garage back... selling the dedicated HT! - Page 2 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #11 of 16 Old 08-21-08, 12:53 AM
Shackster
andru

Re: Claiming my garage back... selling the dedicated HT!

Hi Guys
I live in the tropics... my home studio setup is in the former double garage... Doesn't have any air in there!!! Just a couple of fans...
I work in my shorts and sweat like a .. Amps, mixers, synths.. too many things...putting out so much heat.. why do you think I would like to move to the North of Italy? for the lovely cold days...
My studio generates enough heat for three houses... plus our energy bill is high!!! In summer I run all the aircons... we've got about 8 of them, I always really enjoy the cool... until the bill comes... then everything is turned off, until I can't stand it anymore and the circle begins again...
Good luck with your new path.
Andru
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 Old 08-21-08, 01:02 AM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

My System

The new garage door will be installed at 8am in the morning.

It's looking like a real garage again... and all equipment is gone! (OK... I kept my BFD and a gazillion cables... )
post #13 of 16 Old 08-21-08, 06:19 PM
HTS Senior Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Just now noticed this thread. Wow, I'm shocked! It seems to me like you and Rodny could have done most of the installation of a dedicated AC system for much less than $3500. But I guess if you aren't using it much anymore, any price was too high...

All I can say is, I'm glad I got to experience the Cedar Creek Cinema! It was totally awesome! Most impressive bass I've ever heard, and that was before the monster sub was added to the back of the room! I was wanting to come back out just to experience the behemoth - now I'm going to need a new reason to make that drive. Any ideas?

Personally I'm a fan of great room set-ups, for many reasons. It allows the whole family to enjoy the system, anytime, for anything they want to watch or listen to. (Actually, everyone else in the house uses the HT system more than I do...) Not to mention, all the facilities are close and convenient if you want to refill your drink or go... well, you get the idea! I think great rooms, especially assymetrical ones, often make for "easier" bass - more uniform response at more locations (at least at the ones away from the walls), and often easier to equalize. And best of all, the lighting's good enought that you can actually see the DVD jackets!

Great room systems are also easier on the budget. Personally I'd have to have as nice a system there as I would in a dedicated room, 'cause I wouldn't want to be "short changed" when I sat down to watch something. We're not watching as many movies as we used to either, and indeed less TV, so I'm glad I'm not saddled with the dilemma of what to with an unused dedicated room.

Regards,
Wayne

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|

post #14 of 16 Old 08-25-08, 07:40 AM
Senior Shackster

Jim

It's the same way here, Wayne. The family uses the system more than I do. The kids even use the sub for cartoons.

Having the system in the great room was the only way for us. No spare room to put a HT in.

Jim
Houston, TX

post #15 of 16 Old 08-25-08, 07:49 AM
HTS Senior Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Hey Sonnie, got a place for an IB in there?

Regards,
Wayne

|

post #16 of 16 Old 08-25-08, 11:43 AM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

My System

Yep... all kinds of room for an IB. That is what I ought to do, despite you know who. Although I am not sure how Angibug would like me cutting holes in the ceiling.