Wife support - Page 2 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #11 of 28 Old 04-10-11, 10:06 PM
Pending

Re: Wife support

all of you were talk about the wife's. That me turns to my boyfriend. He is the one who will fall into sleep after he sit for 10min. That so disappoint that I always enjoy my favor alone. But that's ok as he never force me to play computer games with him. So we are enjoy ourselves alone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 28 Old 04-11-11, 12:55 PM
Shackster
Dave

Talking Re: Wife support

Matt,

Tell her there's another woman down the street who keeps inviting you over to watch movies on her awesome home theater but you told her "NO" because you have a great home theater at your house that you'll be building for you and your wife! Let me know how that goes over! LOL.

Dave Bui
post #13 of 28 Old 04-11-11, 02:09 PM
Elite Shackster

Luther

My System

Most all things in marriage are about negociation, compromise or just understanding. I'm sure she has things she's into. You spend some time and money on your passion and so does she. It's a give and take and hardly ever one sided. You get a home theater, what does she get?

~There are many roads to nirvana, while the ultimate goal is the destination, don't forget to enjoy the ride~

post #14 of 28 Old 04-14-11, 08:51 AM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Matt

Thanks to everyone for their help. My wife and I sat down and had a talk, she expressed her concern about the DIY project due to all the time that would be required to make these. After much deliberation we decided to forgo the DIY and purchase a set of inwall speakers that we both were happy with.

L & R Klipsch KL-6502
Center Klipsch KL-6504
Surround Klipsch KS-7800

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

post #15 of 28 Old 04-15-11, 12:40 PM
Senior Shackster

Zip

That's what (a good) marriage is about...consideration, communication and compromise. The three C's.
post #16 of 28 Old 04-15-11, 03:13 PM
Senior Shackster

Quote:
MatrixDweller wrote: View Post
That's what (a good) marriage is about...consideration, communication and compromise. The three C's.
I'd say that goes for relationships in general, not just marriage.

Mightywetfoot, it's unfortunate that you weren't able to go the DIY route you wanted, but as long as you are both happy with the solution you came up with, then it's all good :)
post #17 of 28 Old 04-15-11, 06:21 PM
Shackster

Probably the best option will be asking question from her. Ask her whether we would be able to use its full potentials or not. If not then there is no point of putting that much money. Convince her that we can use saved money on some other work.
But changing wife's mind is tough task. Good luck
post #18 of 28 Old 04-16-11, 02:16 AM
Senior Shackster
Glenn

My System

I guess I'm lucky with my situation.
Both me and the wife waited til we were older to get married so we were both already good at independant living and supporting ourselves. She makes her money and I make mine. As long as I have enough money to pay my share of the bills, she doesn't care how much I spend and what I spend it on.

She knew I was into big boxy audio/video stuff from the beginning of our relationship and she doesn't try to change that about me. Even though she never complained about big speakers, I made a compromise by going with in-ceiling speakers for the surrounds.

Last edited by gdstupak; 04-16-11 at 07:08 AM.
post #19 of 28 Old 04-16-11, 06:25 AM
Pending
Mark Techer

I too am quite lucky to have a partner (soon to be wife) who appreciates the Home Cinema. The cool part about our relationships and HT is she will often ask "So, what are we watching tonight?"
post #20 of 28 Old 04-17-11, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Matt

Our biggest issue is the theater is currently a secondary concern, in our house we really don't the space. Our main hobby is Halloween. I do want to do the DIY option for speakers but it will have to be later when I have time. We want to get the theater up and running by mid May. Oh we did not pay retail for those speakers either. My wife really is more of a video gamer and not so much into movies, so its harder for her to understand the need for theater.