Advertisement

post #22 of 28 Old 04-17-11, 08:50 PM
Senior Shackster
Glenn

My System
Re: Wife support

Quote:
Mightywetfoot wrote: View Post
My wife really is more of a video gamer and not so much into movies, so its harder for her to understand the need for theater.
Great audio and video capabilities really enhance the gaming experience.
Has she ever done it (gaming) in a theater? That may be the selling point for you. Unless that aspect of the gaming doesn't excite her.
post #23 of 28 Old 04-18-11, 12:47 AM
Mark Techer

Quote:
gdstupak wrote: View Post
Great audio and video capabilities really enhance the gaming experience.
Has she ever done it (gaming) in a theater? That may be the selling point for you. Unless that aspect of the gaming doesn't excite her.
So does gaming on a big screen front projection system. Flat panels don't even come a close 2nd IMO.

post #24 of 28 Old 04-20-11, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Matt

Quote:
WooferHound wrote: View Post
Do you want some Haunted House soundtracks that I have produced
I would send them to you free of charge
http://wooferhound.home.mindspring.com/haunt.htm
Thanks Wooferhound, I will check them out!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

post #25 of 28 Old 04-20-11, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Matt

Quote:
Mark Techer wrote: View Post
So does gaming on a big screen front projection system. Flat panels don't even come a close 2nd IMO.
Our room is too small for a projector. I do have a feeling the 360 and PS3 will all end up down there for her game playing.

post #26 of 28 Old 04-21-11, 07:15 AM
Senior Shackster

Mike

Married for over 14 yrs. I honestly just go buy it on a reasonable budget and surprise her. She was at the end OK with it and knew it was costly, but w/ me doing the work, installing it. I came out ahead.

This time around, I will have a man-cave (build a house w/ media room) which she has no say so of what I do to it or the style . Only thing she requested is that I have the man-cave on the opposite side of the house from the master bedroom
post #27 of 28 Old 04-21-11, 07:21 AM
Senior Shackster

Mike

Quote:
crystal wrote: View Post
all of you were talk about the wife's. That me turns to my boyfriend. He is the one who will fall into sleep after he sit for 10min. That so disappoint that I always enjoy my favor alone. But that's ok as he never force me to play computer games with him. So we are enjoy ourselves alone.
That's pretty wild.
Try to say this to your boyfriend when you two are about to watch a movie

"No booty, until after the movie!!"

And see if he'll change that habit. If he declines or still goes to sleep, he maybe can be a fruit

~ You have no idea how hard it was for me to watch some of them movies my wife selected, but at the end, I got'z minez!!
post #28 of 28 Old 11-27-11, 06:46 PM
Shackster
Dave

I must be fortunate but my wife LOVES great sound and particularly good bass!

When I started to purchase my M&K S150 set up I initially purchased the right and left with No Sub ( although I had intentions of buying the MX350 MkII). I set them up, put her in the sweet spot and put on her Favorite Norah Jones CD. She was blown away with the clarity. Then I put on some Peter Gabriel and her response was " Where is all the bass?". :-)!! I told her that a sub woofer was required and that I had one picked out that would pair well with the 150s. She asked about the center and surrounds for movies etc. and I explained we would need a new amplifier. To shorten the story she bought into the Denon 5803 AVR, the MX350 MkII, S150 center, SS150 surrounds and the ST1 speaker stands for the r & l. Now here is the kicker: ALL OF THIS SITS IN OUR LIVING ROOM!!! And, in the seven years we've owned they system there isn't a week that goes by where she doesn't make a positive statement about the sound. In fact, she refuses to watch TV with the built in speakers!

Bottom line for me was get her hip to the sound, be honest about the price and then get buying!! GOOD LUCK!