had your hearing checked recently? - Page 3 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #21 of 25 Old 11-30-07, 06:41 PM
Shackster
Steve

Re: had your hearing checked recently?

exsqueeze me, baking powder ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 Old 12-16-07, 05:15 AM
Elite Shackster
Steven

Anyone want to loan me their headphones? Mine broke around the time I took my test last year but I promise to use them just for a new test.

post #23 of 25 Old 12-16-07, 11:27 AM
Senior Shackster

warpdrive

I checked my heading using the online programs. My hearing is ok, as I'm middle aged now, I lost sensitivity above 15Khz, and a tad bit in the lowest bass. I'm not sure how accurate the test was because I used some in-ear monitors which roll off above 16Khz but overall my ears seem on course for my age group.

post #24 of 25 Old 12-03-08, 08:12 AM
Elite Shackster
Steven

Well I have decided to go to the doctor and get my ear checked out. For the past month my right has sounded a little bit boomy. Sometimes it would begin to feel funny while in the HT and when that would happen I would stop watching movies a couple days for it to feel normal again for many months. I releave the pressure druing movies and it seems to at least feel better. Then this past month the right side of my head has felt sore and my ear would keep poping. Now the soreness is gone on the right side of my head but the ear keeps opening and closing. There has been an unsual amount of build up of ear wax in it. I cannot hear the high pitch noises out of the right side (above 10K) very well today and it occassionaly becomes closed. I am having a difficult time with this. I hope that the doctor can help me, because I have not been able to enjoy the HT.

I do not know if it is directly related to how I have setup my speakers, but the right speaker in my setup has a dip at the same frequency and a peak at the same frequencies I am having problems with as I have setup them by ear. I hope that it is tremporary, and not related to hearing loss caused by my room, and that I will be able to go to the doctor today.

post #25 of 25 Old 12-06-08, 04:23 PM
Elite Shackster
Steven

I was advised not to go to the doctor quite yet. I have been using ear wax removal system a couple days and my hearing has returned and it sounds normal. Still has some mild pressure in it so I will have another treatment if it persist, and then see the doc or have a family member borrow a device from the hospital to check in there.