W.A.F. The dreaded Wife Acceptence Factor??? - Page 6 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #51 of 57 Old 04-29-14, 09:18 PM
Banned!

My System
Re: W.A.F. The dreaded Wife Acceptence Factor???

Quote:
ellisr63 wrote: View Post
You got that right.

I worked a lifetime at being productive, so I could legitimately become this unproductive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 57 Old 04-29-14, 09:22 PM
Elite Shackster

Mike

As for WAF, I have a keeper. I built a home theater with two 12" ported subs and two 15" ported subs. After watching a few movies I asked her what she though. She said "Great. But we need bigger subs." Out went the ported 12's and in came a pair of ported 18's. I love my wife!

We're all in this together!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

post #53 of 57 Old 04-29-14, 09:32 PM

Ron

My System

Quote:
Mike P. wrote: View Post
As for WAF, I have a keeper. I built a home theater with two 12" ported subs and two 15" ported subs. After watching a few movies I asked her what she though. She said "Great. But we need bigger subs." Out went the ported 12's and in came a pair of ported 18's. I love my wife!
I don't think my wife will be saying that to me... But I still love her, as she puts up with a lot from me!

My Home Living room Theater
Samsung 65" FP, Yamaha CX-A5100, Xilica XP4080, (5) JBL 8340As, PS3, XBox One, (1) Asus mini pc, (2) Furman Power Conditioners, Darbee Darcet, Oppo UDP-203, and a Project RPM 1.5 Carbon turntable..

post #54 of 57 Old 04-30-14, 10:49 PM
Senior Shackster

Kevin

My System

Find a way to semi-retire. I work three days a week (regular eight hour days). With one more day away from work each week than at work, it's not a very taxing schedule. There's plenty of time away from work to either be unproductive or to be productive at something I want to do. I've noticed something about working less; I spend more (and that won't work indefinitely).
post #55 of 57 Old 04-30-14, 11:11 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Quote:
Mike P. wrote: View Post
Does she have a sister???!!!! lol
post #56 of 57 Old 05-18-14, 03:13 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Last night after Godzilla, my girlfriend and I were sitting on the couch and I was throwing around the idea of changing out my side surround speakers. Well her first comment was "the next thing you buy for this room had better be theater seating". LOL.. I guess I've been told!
post #57 of 57 Old 06-11-14, 08:31 PM
Shackster

Greg

During the 15 years or so that we've had a "Home Theater" never once has my wife complained. She has come home to new speakers (twice), a front screen, a projector, a second projector, a third projector, a new receiver, another new receiver, a third new receiver, a subwoofer, a new subwoofer amplifier, a BFD. How does one ever begin to appreciate the inner calm that must permeate her being. As do all couples we occasionally do not see eye to eye. But I cherish her acceptance of my hobby. Pretty sure she enjoys it too.

Home Theater: Onkyo TX-SR702 AVR, Infinity IL-60s & IL-36C, DefTech PF1500 sub, CSW The Surround 5.1 x 2, Draper Cineperm 92", LG PF1500, Behringer BFD, Sony BDP-S570, Pioneer Elite DV-49AV Universal player, Dish 622.

Stereo:Denon PMA-630 integrated amp, Technics SL-1300 turntable, Shure M97xE cartridge, Toshiba SD-4960 universal player, Infinity Overture 3 speakers.