Which new piece of equipment has exceeded your expectations? - Page 2 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #11 of 111 Old 12-21-07, 11:26 AM
Senior Shackster
James

Re: Which new piece of equipment has exceeded your expectations?

Definitely my Pb12 +/2. Brings everything on the audio side to a new level. I never knew what a difference truly low, accurate bass could make. I feel it makes my mains sound clearer, even without a change in crossover point, adds new punch to music passages, and changes the HT experience entirely. I no longer feel like I'm watching a movie, I now feel like I'm there!!!

If I didn't know any better I'd swear it slices, dices and bakes!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 111 Old 12-30-07, 08:39 PM
Shackster
brian

i just returnrd my polk lsi15's and center for klipsh rf-63.i havn't got the center or surrounds yet.
i cant believe how much happier i am.polks were good speakers but couldn't handle my outlaw 7500 amp.i was skeptical of klipsh but they sound great
post #13 of 111 Old 12-30-07, 09:11 PM
Senior Shackster

Mazer

I haven't purchased anything new in over a year. But I would have to say my SVS PB12-Plus/2 brought the largest "WOW" factor for me. I went sub less for about a year before purchasing the subwoofer. What a difference in my system when I added the sub. My speakers seem to be different speakers. They just seem to sound different, detailed.

Mazer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

post #14 of 111 Old 12-31-07, 11:24 AM
Senior Shackster

MrPorterhouse

I'd say my Sony Playstation 3 is the single most impressive item that has exceeded my expectations. I had high hopes to begin with for Blu-ray playback and it has surpassed anything I thought. What really impresses me is the capability to be a center piece of the entertainment setup. My family really enjoys the photo slide shows set to music stored on the harddrive. Its music playback is excellent and I even use it to surf the net on the big screen. Oh yeah, it also plays PS3 video games, too.
post #15 of 111 Old 12-31-07, 01:37 PM
Senior Shackster

Konky

No question: My ultra cheapie ($98.87 at WalMart) Toshiba HD-A2 HD-DVD players. They (I bought 2) astounded me out of the box and continue to do so (with continuous firmware upgrades thanks to Toshiba) on both my living room 61" JVC and my 55" bedroom Sony displays, both of which are 1080p LCos sets.
Cheers and Happy New Year all,
Konky.

I get up...I get the paper...I read the obituaries...if I don't see my name; I go ahead and have breakfast! George Burns.
post #16 of 111 Old 01-13-08, 12:38 AM
Shackster
daniel

I'm not sure if it,s my Oracle Delphi turntable or my listening room. The listening room came with an extra, a house!
post #17 of 111 Old 01-13-08, 02:59 PM
Senior Shackster
Greg

I gotta agree with you Warp, going to HDTV has been the most impressive jump for me. So along those lines, I have to say my Sony 46XBR4 HDTV. I have yet to get a blu-ray player (I am relatively certain that is the way I will go via PS3) but Hi-Def cable looks great, and SD DVD juiced up through my Oppo 981HD is amazing. 2008 is going to be all about building the audio to match the HQ video I now enjoy.
post #18 of 111 Old 01-15-08, 06:50 AM
HTS Senior Moderator

Mark

My System

Hands down,.... my Harmony remote. Finally a universal remote that would actually control all of my equipment. Plus (and the best part) it allowed my wife to be able to figure out the system,... no more calls at work "I can't get the DVD to work, the kids want to watch a movie. We can hear it but not see it" and many similar conversations.

Mark
post #19 of 111 Old 01-15-08, 07:08 AM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

warpdrive

Quote:
nova wrote: View Post
Hands down,.... my Harmony remote. Finally a universal remote that would actually control all of my equipment. Plus (and the best part) it allowed my wife to be able to figure out the system,... no more calls at work "I can't get the DVD to work, the kids want to watch a movie. We can hear it but not see it" and many similar conversations.
You are right, but I bought mine so long ago that I almost take it for granted now. I had a whole bunch of $200-300 remotes (Pronto, Marantz RC2000, Home Theater Master), and they all failed to deliver on the ease of use/all in one promise.

I'm an equal opportunity fanboy. I love and currently own stuff from B&W, Paradigm, Dynaudio, Sony, SVS, Denon, Velodyne, Mirage, AKG, Headroom (all subject to change at any moment)
post #20 of 111 Old 01-15-08, 11:00 AM
Shackster
daniel

When my remote dies, I will probably go with Harmony's remote.
I've seen one "in action" and It can do things that mine can't.