Which new piece of equipment has exceeded your expectations? - Page 4 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #31 of 111 Old 04-10-08, 08:27 AM
Senior Shackster

Zip

Re: Which new piece of equipment has exceeded your expectations?

Quote:
SQCherokee wrote: View Post
My Samsung TXT3093 30" slim fit tube television and Samsung DVD-1080P7 up convert DVD player that we recieved as a wedding present. I absolutly love the picture on this TV. HD over the air and DVDs are great.
I didn't want any of the plasmas or LCDs that were in my parents price range beacuse they have a smaller screen and in my opinion no were near as nice of a picture as this tv has.
I have a 30" Samsung SlimFit HDTV. Nothing beats a good ol CRT for contrast and brightness. The only drawback is that a mere 30" TV weighs 120lbs. I would imagine a 40" would weigh a good 200lbs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 111 Old 04-10-08, 09:13 AM
Elite Shackster

Tony

My System

My new SVS PB13 Ultra! I cant believe the difference in how my entire system sounds with this sub.

Home theater:
Onkyo 805, Yamaha YDP2006EQ, Samson Servo 600 amp
3 EV Sentry 500 monitors across the front, 4 Mission 762i's Surrounds, SVS PB13U sub, Panasonic BDT220, Harmony 1100, Nintendo WiiU
Panasonic PT-AE8000 on a 120" 2,35:1 fixed screen

Living room system:
Sherwood/Newcastle R972, Mission 765's, SVS SBS02's, A/D/S MS3u sub, Yamaha YDG2030EQ
Yamaha KX-393 Tape deck, CDC 805 CD changer, Panasonic BD60, Sony turntable PS-T20
Panasonic TC-P50ST60, HD-PVR & WDTV Live, Harmony 900

post #33 of 111 Old 04-11-08, 10:04 PM
Senior Shackster

Quote:
MatrixDweller wrote: View Post
I have a 30" Samsung SlimFit HDTV. Nothing beats a good ol CRT for contrast and brightness. The only drawback is that a mere 30" TV weighs 120lbs. I would imagine a 40" would weigh a good 200lbs.
sheesh...thats why it was so hard geting it up to our second floor apartment...by my self.

post #34 of 111 Old 05-27-08, 09:26 AM
Senior Shackster

Erle

Two items:

Pioneer 5010FD Plasma TV (50")
Onkyo TX-SR875

Bothe have stellar perfomance!
post #35 of 111 Old 05-27-08, 01:31 PM

My TV. I own a Mits 46" 1080i rear-projection joint. I bought it as a floor model display back in mid-2002. Since then, I have moved a total of 3 times (not counting how many times it has changed locations within my house) and it is STILL KICKING!!! The thing looks just as good as the day I bought it. Not one service, not one gun replacement, not one scratch on the screen.

The misses won't let me buy another TV (you know, one of those flat panel, 1080P, HDMI, 120hz refresh rate jobbies everyone else has) until this one dies.

Let's just say my success with my current TV has been bitter-sweet.
post #36 of 111 Old 05-28-08, 03:56 PM
Shackster
Brian

I purchased Emotiva separates (MMC-1 pre/pro and XPA-5 5 Ch Amp) to replace an Onkyo integrated system (not a shabby unit at all). The sound, flexibilty and product satisfaction have boosted my HT experience more than I could have anticipated from a direct replacement. I could have spent 4x's the amount and not done any better as far as utility and quality. Bee line straight home from work and get the music on every night.

B
post #37 of 111 Old 05-28-08, 04:43 PM
Elite Shackster

Ahmed

Send a message via MSN to Blaser

For me the subs and projector....so sweet!

ASME AI
Yamaha RX-V2500, Wharfedale Diamond 9.6 Fronts, Wharfedale Diamond CM Center, Diamond DFS Surround and rear, Behringer FBQ 2496, Dual RL-P18s 625L LLTs, Dual TA-2400 Pro (2 * 2000 W Amp), Samsung HD870 DVD player, Carada BW 16:9 106" screen, Epson TW-2000, 60 Gb PS3
Important HT proverbs:
- "You can never have too much headroom" (talking about bass)
- "you can never have too big a screen" (talking about still pictures)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
post #38 of 111 Old 05-29-08, 01:55 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Naut

1. PS3 - Some DVDs look HD, Blu-Ray looks and sounds awesome, and they keep on releasing software updates for it!
2. Sony KDS-50A3000 Rear Projection TV - $1399 should not look this good!
3. Denon AVR-888 - My system sounded good before. How can Audyssey MultEQ make it sound so much better?!

We are the Shack. Existence as you know it is over.
We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own.
You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.
post #39 of 111 Old 06-07-08, 06:42 PM
Shackster
M

Quote:
SteveB wrote: View Post
Two things for me, Polk LSI 15 speakers and my new Emotiva LPA-1 amp. Got the speakers before the amp arrived and listened to them with the old HK receiver. When the amp got here and hooked it up the speakers really came alive.
I'm expecting my LPA-1 on Monday and I can't wait to power up my LSi25, LSiC and LSiC15s with it.
The LSi's sound great with my Pioneer VSX-1014TX receiver, so I can't wait for them to come alive!
post #40 of 111 Old 07-11-08, 04:38 PM
Senior Shackster

AC

My panasonic 1080p projector. It is a sweet piece of gear. I never imagined that projectors could have come as far as they have as fast as they have and at the price they are not at. If you are looking for a home theater projector, there is not a better projector for the money. IMO