Newest firmware released for Pioneer 51/05 Players! - Page 2 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #11 of 20 Old 01-14-10, 11:55 AM
Elite Shackster

Jack

Re: Newest firmware released for Pioneer 51/05 Players!

Hello,
The 1.38 update was huge. I never thought I would see the day where my 51's and 05 would have a seamless layer change. In spite of this fact, I have still used them as my primary BD/DVD Players.
Cheers,
JJ

HT
Speakers: Martin Logan Vantage (Mains), Martin Logan Stage (Center), Martin Logan Vista (Surrounds), Martin Logan Montages (Surrounds) Hsu Research VTF-15h MK2, Martin Logan Descent i (Subwoofer)
Amplification: Aragon 8008bb, Parasound HCA-3500, Parasound HCA-2205 AT, Parasound HCA-1000a
AVR/SSP: Denon AVR-4520CI
Electronics: OPPO BDP-93
Gaming Consoles: Sony PS4, Xbox 360 S (250 gb)
Display: Panasonic TC-P65ZT60, Sony KDL-55EX500, Sony KD-34XBR910
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 Old 03-22-10, 11:27 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Derek

My System

Hi all,

The latest firmware update for the Pioneer 51/05 players has been posted to the US site. We are up to 1.39, and it bears the distinction of being the only update so far that does not include a "Performance Enhancement" in the update description. Although the Pioneer site does not list any details, the below list was originally posted by Raniel-Atero over at AVS. Actually, this update addresses several specific issues related to BD playback stability:

Ver.1.39 (released on March 1, 2010)
Fixes the following issues.
- In certain BD title "2012", playback cannot be started with black screen.
- In certain BD title "Leon: The Professional", certain operations (chapter search, fast-forward and forward skip) cannot be done for chapter #23 or later.
- In certain BD title "GOEMON", out of synchronization with audio and video after searching chapters.
- In certain BD title "FLUTE MYSTERY", audio format cannot be changed by color (red/yellow) buttons after using "Audio" button, also audio format indication cannot be changed by color (red/yellow) buttons after using "Audio" button.
- In certain BD title "WORLDS GREATEST DAD" with no LAN connection, playback cannot be started with black screen.
- In certain BD title "Mutant Chronicles" with no LAN connection, playback cannot be started with black screen.
- In certain AVCHD discs, playback cannot be started.
- In certain DVD title "Schiller - Tagtraum", playback stops with message "Cannot be played".
- In certain self-made DVD, playback stops at certain points (15 seconds after stopping time counter displayed on front panel).
- In certain CD title "daniel barenboim MOZART piano trios" (double album), track #2 playback is automatically started after playing final track (track #9) of disc #1.

Sadly, this still did not fix the AVCHD problem with True24FPS encodings (as opposed to 23.976FPS)... Oh well, at least we are still getting updates (the glass is half full...)

Peace... Vader

"Ya see, we plan ahead. That way we don't do anything right now. Earl explained it to me." - Valentine McKee

One sub to rumble them all. One sub to shake them. One sub to humble them all. And in the darkness break them....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
- Not liable for injuries sustained while laughing.
post #13 of 20 Old 04-22-10, 12:15 PM
Elite Shackster

Jack

Hello,
There is another new Firmware that is available from Pioneer Europe. It is 1.65 and allows the Playback of Avatar and also they state Performance Improvement.
Here is the link as it has not been released to the US Pioneer Website: http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/content/...grade/BDP.html

I downloaded it this morning and Avatar playback perfectly. I believe without this update, the Disc will not play.
Cheers,
JJ

HT
Speakers: Martin Logan Vantage (Mains), Martin Logan Stage (Center), Martin Logan Vista (Surrounds), Martin Logan Montages (Surrounds) Hsu Research VTF-15h MK2, Martin Logan Descent i (Subwoofer)
Amplification: Aragon 8008bb, Parasound HCA-3500, Parasound HCA-2205 AT, Parasound HCA-1000a

post #14 of 20 Old 04-22-10, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Derek

My System

Thanx, Jungle Jack!

Pioneer actually broke with their traditional delay between the Euro FW and the US one (about two weeks), by posting the FW on their US site this afternoon. From what I understand, the US FW is 100% bit-for-bit identical to the Euro version anyway, but at least it is official now. So far, no one has posted any benefit other than enabling 'Avatar' to play, but only time will tell! Time to go watch me some Avatar (on my new plasma, no less...)

Peace... Vader

"Ya see, we plan ahead. That way we don't do anything right now. Earl explained it to me." - Valentine McKee

One sub to rumble them all. One sub to shake them. One sub to humble them all. And in the darkness break them....

post #15 of 20 Old 01-14-11, 09:57 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Derek

My System

Hi all,

The latest firmware for the 51/05 players has been posted to the USA site (albeit you have to a little searching to find it; the player has been archived): v1.70. All that the change log states is that it improves the stability of BD-ROM playback, so take that as you will. At this point, I am inclined to believe that any updates we get will be for compatibility issues with specific titles.

Peace... Vader

post #16 of 20 Old 01-14-11, 10:21 PM
Elite Shackster

Jack

Hello,
Nice. I have recently switched to a PC and will have to learn how to burn ISO Files as it could not be easier on my Macbook Pro.
Cheers,
JJ

HT
post #17 of 20 Old 04-11-11, 08:30 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Derek

My System

For all of us diehards out there who have stuck with this player, the newest firmware (v1.71) has been posted to the Pioneer site. As before, the change description just says "Enhances stability of BD-ROM/DVD-Video playback". If only the player was in the state it is now on release, then it would be considered one of the best, all things (except loading speed) considered, at least by me. Onward to 1.72...!

Peace... Vader

post #18 of 20 Old 04-11-11, 09:58 PM
Elite Shackster

Jack

Hello,
I still love these BDP's and they boast a much higher Build Quality and Parts then most BDP's currently out there.
Cheers,
JJ

HT
post #19 of 20 Old 08-07-11, 07:30 AM
Gugu

Hi all,

1.71 had a lot of problems, regarding new BD releases, but finally 1.72 is out, which fixes all the problems with recent titles. Grab it from the usual place, it is a must if you are on 1.71 !

Regards: Gustav
post #20 of 20 Old 08-09-13, 05:18 PM
Shackster

I have the 1.72 I like it alot!!!