Welcome OPPO Digital as a forum sponsor! - Page 3 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #21 of 30 Old 03-01-13, 12:27 PM
Shackster

Re: Welcome OPPO Digital as a forum sponsor!

JJ- Someone had some refurbish BDP-95's for around 800.00 bucks not too long ago - I think it was Crutchfield or Music Direct if I'm not mistaken. Full warranty too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 30 Old 03-01-13, 01:06 PM
Elite Shackster

Jack

Quote:
cobraguy wrote: View Post
JJ- Someone had some refurbish BDP-95's for around 800.00 bucks not too long ago - I think it was Crutchfield or Music Direct if I'm not mistaken. Full warranty too.
Tempt not a desperate man! That would be an amazing price as BDP-93 prices have been rising due to the 93/95's being about the last design before the AACS HDMI Final Adopter Agreement (Analog Sunrise) where it still offers HD over Component Video (103/105 do not even have Component or any other Analog Video Outputs), Cinnavia free, and ISO Support provided the past few FW Updates were not performed.

HT
Speakers: Martin Logan Vantage (Mains), Martin Logan Stage (Center), Martin Logan Vista (Surrounds), Martin Logan Montages (Surrounds) Hsu Research VTF-15h MK2, Martin Logan Descent i (Subwoofer)
Amplification: Aragon 8008bb, Parasound HCA-3500, Parasound HCA-2205 AT, Parasound HCA-1000a
AVR/SSP: Denon AVR-4520CI
Electronics: OPPO BDP-93
Gaming Consoles: Sony PS4, Xbox 360 S (250 gb)
Display: Panasonic TC-P65ZT60, Sony KDL-55EX500, Sony KD-34XBR910
post #23 of 30 Old 03-02-13, 08:00 AM
Shackster

JJ- I noticed those changes regarding the 105 and was not a fan (thought about "upgrading" but I don't think it's an upgrade at all except for the 4k ability) so I stuck with the 95. I happen to like the component hookup over the HDMI and besides that, my Aragon Pre/Pro does not have HDMI.
The 105 is a nice piece (great review in this months Home Theater Mag) but I still say that the 95 is the best piece OPPO has.

post #24 of 30 Old 11-29-15, 06:06 PM
Shackster
Bob

My 103 died last night. I've had an OPPO 103 for right at 4 years. It is in my HT and never moved and there are no kids in the house so it is well cared-for. I average about two movies a week on it, which I would think isn't a lot. But last night the transport apparently died in the middle of a BR Movie. It says there is no disk in the player when there is. I've put differing BRD, DVDs, and Red Book CDs in and the main menu says "reading disk" for a split second then says No Disk where the Disk icon is. Is 4-years the life expectancy of these relatively high-end systems? On the OPPO site I see nothing that indicates how I can get them repaired out of the 2-year warranty either. I'm extremely disappointed in a product I really liked up until now. Just a heads-up for those considering the product and a question on if Oppo repairs them. I'm considering either a Sony or Samsung at this point. Or ripping to my NAS and not even using a player.
post #25 of 30 Old 11-29-15, 09:05 PM
Senior Shackster

Call them and find out how much it will cost to fix.
post #26 of 30 Old 11-29-15, 10:14 PM
Shackster
Bob

I will... when they open on Monday. Gee, I hadn't tought of that!
post #27 of 30 Old 11-30-15, 08:16 AM
Shackster

My System

Love my BDP-103...it does everything I ask of it!
post #28 of 30 Old 11-30-15, 10:30 AM
Shackster
Bob

Don't get me wrong. I think they are a great value for the money unless there is a mechanical design weakness. I'm only questioning the MTBF aspect. , I have a Thorens turntable from the mid 70s. It isn't like I'm hard on equipment. I'll see how they treat me when I contact them today. That will really tell the tale.
post #29 of 30 Old 11-30-15, 05:39 PM
Shackster
Bob

Talked to OPPO. They say it's still under warranty where they will repair it at no charge. It would have been $79 otherwise which is reasonable for out of warranty service. Still not happy it broke, but at this point, I'm impressed with the customer service effort. Thanks OPPO!
post #30 of 30 Old 11-30-15, 09:42 PM
Senior Shackster

Quote:
Bullitt5094 wrote: View Post
Talked to OPPO. They say it's still under warranty where they will repair it at no charge. It would have been $79 otherwise which is reasonable for out of warranty service. Still not happy it broke, but at this point, I'm impressed with the customer service effort. Thanks OPPO!
Good to hear your problem will be resolved