Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/)
-   Blu-ray | DVD | Disc Media Players (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/blu-ray-dvd-disc-media-players/)
-   -   BDP-83 (Oppo) Owners: Did This Ever Happen to You? (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/blu-ray-dvd-disc-media-players/63365-bdp-83-oppo-owners-did-ever-happen-you.html)

Osage_Winter 11-20-12 08:23 PM

BDP-83 (Oppo) Owners: Did This Ever Happen to You?

I'm going to email their customer support peeps about this, but figured I would fire this off first to y'all...

More than once, I have experienced my BDP-83 actually restarting play of a disc when it's stopped and I press the EJECT button on the remote -- it's the weirdest thing, and it happened to me yet again last night. I press STOP on the remote, to cease play of a disc, and I wait a couple of seconds and then press EJECT (OPEN/CLOSE) on the remote as well, only for the player to ignore the eject command and begin playback of the disc again as if it was just loaded. Actually, what happens is, the screen will read "CLOSE" and then "LOAD" as if I just put a new disc into the tray and closed it -- but all I am doing is pressing EJECT...

:dontknow: :dontknow: :huh: :coocoo: :coocoo:

Anyone else exerience this?

Wardsweb 11-20-12 08:30 PM

Re: BDP-83 (Oppo) Owners: Did This Ever Happen to You?

When was the last time you updated the firmware? I've never experienced anything like this with mine.

tonyvdb 11-20-12 08:31 PM

Does the tray open and close with ease or is it sticking? that could be a cause of this issue.

Jungle Jack 11-20-12 08:46 PM

Hello,
While my BDP-83 usage has gone off a cliff since getting the 93, in the time the BDP-83 was my primary disc spinner and the about once a month I use it I have never experienced anything like described above.
OPPO's CS is tops and I am quite confident they will be able to help on this one.

Osage_Winter 11-20-12 11:32 PM

Quote:

Wardsweb wrote: (Post 565644)
When was the last time you updated the firmware? I've never experienced anything like this with mine.

My firmware was the last available version they sent out -- I can't recall the number code now, but I don't believe they came out with another version since then...

Does anyone know the absolute latest version available for the '83?

Osage_Winter 11-20-12 11:32 PM

Quote:

tonyvdb wrote: (Post 565645)
Does the tray open and close with ease or is it sticking? that could be a cause of this issue.

I have had some issues with the drawer sticking a bit, yes.

moparz10 11-20-12 11:47 PM

I haven't had that happen and I use ours about 4 to 5 times a month

86eldel68-deactivated 11-21-12 06:41 AM

I've never had that problem.

tonyvdb 11-21-12 08:39 AM

Quote:

Osage_Winter wrote: (Post 565670)
I have had some issues with the drawer sticking a bit, yes.

If the drawer sticks closed it will act like it opened and then closed again and will go through the process of loading the disc again. I would contact Oppo and ask then what they recommend to lubricate the track the tray slides on. I would guess a small amount of lithium type grease applied with a Q-Tip..

koyaan 11-21-12 11:21 AM

I've used my 83SE almost daily for almost 2 years now, and have never encountered the peoblem. Like others above, I have encountered the drawer sticking a couple of times. Other than that operation has been flawless.:huh: