Learn Continuous Chest Compression CPR - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #1 of 4 Old 08-08-10, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

My System
Learn Continuous Chest Compression CPR

http://medicine.arizona.edu/spotligh...ompression-cpr
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-08-10, 08:40 PM
Plain ole user

Tech Guru

Send a message via AIM to lcaillo
Re: Learn Continuous Chest Compression CPR

Good link. I know someone who is here today exactly because the people around him knew CPR. It is certainly a good idea to know what to do and even better to take a class if you can. I refreshed my Red Cross training just a few weeks ago.

Looking for me, just google my username. I have used the same one for most sites for many years.
post #3 of 4 Old 08-15-10, 10:36 AM
Elite Shackster

Greg

You never know. I "had" to take CPR as part of PE in high school. Never used it, but was glad to know it. Then my company paid ot have someone come in and teach us, I volunteered. This happened a few times. The last two included instructions in AEDs (Automatic External Defribrilators) which are popping up everywhere. Good stuff to know, and I always sign up for classes when offered because the guidelines are contantly changing as new success data is available. The nice thing about AEDs is that the regulations are set up such that once you're qualified on one device you can operate them all, they all have ot have the same user controls etc.

The CPR training of course included choking manuevers, and one day I babysat for a friend's then 2 yr old. Before I knew it the kid was running around while eating Cheerios and she started choking. Gratefully I knew what to do and she's still cute as a button 5 yrs later. It was just this past Spring I had the courage to tell my buddy what happened...

You just never know...

-Greg

Don't worry... nothing new here, I've already made that mistake. Trust me.

post #4 of 4 Old 11-25-10, 08:11 PM
Senior Shackster

brandon

As a few of you know (haven't been around in a while) I work for 911 dispatch and believe it or not this style of chest compressions have been being used for the past couple years by dispatchers and first responders. Where I work we were all amazed to see this all over the news and morning programs just a couple weeks ago like it was completely new. I do believe it is a good idea for everyone to be cpr certified. Even though you could always call 911 and get a good center like mine on the phone, some more rural areas don't use the same proactive measures to help the callers. You may be in the most random and odd place when you have to call for someone who isn't conscious and breathing and will need to start oxygen circulating without the aid of someone on 911. I always try to think of absolute worse case scenarios. If I can help prevent someone's untimely exit I will no matter where I am. So do yourself, you friends, your family all a favor and learn cpr. You could save someone.