Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/)
-   Care Chapel (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/care-chapel/)
-   -   Wife lost her job (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/care-chapel/77834-wife-lost-her-job.html)

Mike Edwards 05-09-14 02:28 PM

Wife lost her job

well, as some know I've had some fun health issues the last 8 months or so and the day before yesterday we had a fun "trio" of surprises, the main one being that my wife, who happens to carry the health insurance between the two of us...I'm an independent contractor, was told that her entire division at work was being phased out. Which means that 40 people are gone from the company and they only have about 13 positions to absorb the people being lost. just a bit of a nervous time, both for her and I at the moment. Prayers would be appreciated

willis7469 05-09-14 02:34 PM

58 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Mike Edwards wrote: (Post 738722)
well, as some know I've had some fun health issues the last 8 months or so and the day before yesterday we had a fun "trio" of surprises, the main one being that my wife, who happens to carry the health insurance between the two of us...I'm an independent contractor, was told that her entire division at work was being phased out. Which means that 40 people are gone from the company and they only have about 13 positions to absorb the people being lost. just a bit of a nervous time, both for her and I at the moment. Prayers would be appreciated

Prayers are sent. Sorry to hear. Chin up!

JBrax 05-09-14 02:38 PM

221 Attachment(s)
Sorry to hear that Mike. Hope all goes well for your family.

tonyvdb 05-09-14 02:38 PM

Re: Wife lost her job

Will do :T sending prayers your way

tcarcio 05-09-14 02:47 PM

Mike, I am so sorry to hear about your situation. It hits very close to home because I am in a very similar situation. I am on non paid leave of absence from work due to my back being messed up and my wife carries the insurance where she works. If she loses her job it would be very hard to deal with. I will say a prayer for your family in hope that you get through this and that everything works out. God Bless.

chashint 05-09-14 02:57 PM

Man, sorry to hear this news.
Thoughts are with you.

Tonto 05-09-14 03:25 PM

Prayers are sent, hoping you & your family a speedy resolution.

The Lord works in mysterious ways! We may not understand what his plan is now, but rest assured he has one & it will reveal itself in time.

B- one 05-09-14 04:15 PM

Sorry to hear that:(. Hopefully there will be a fast resolution for your family:).

Wardsweb 05-09-14 04:33 PM

The world is changing and businesses no longer have any loyalty with their employees. I feel your pain. My wife was let go after 31 years with the same company. It is hard trying to find a job when you're a senior research scientist with a degree in chemistry. No one is looking to pay for senior level with they can hire two or three kids out of college to abuse. But I digress. Prayers sent. Good Luck.

lcaillo 05-09-14 05:57 PM

Sorry to hear the news, Mike. You are definitely in our thoughts and prayers. I hope opportunities come your way.