Pink Floyd - Page 4 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

2Likes

post #31 of 51 Old 09-16-15, 02:45 PM
Elite Shackster

Andre

My System
Re: Pink Floyd

Guess I am a little different, I find Pink Floyd is the best with headphones, closed back, over ear. Favorite tune "High Hopes", least favorite "Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict". The wife doesn't mind the mainstream Pink Floyd, but turns up her nose the the "acid trip" stuff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 51 Old 09-24-15, 02:49 PM
Shackster
Chuck

Quote:
typ44q wrote: View Post
As far as best way to listen I agree with everyone that says get the SACD of Dark Side of the Moon, it can be picked up pretty cheap and it sounds fantastic.
The SACD mix of Dark Side of The Moon is excellent, however, I think the 2 channel mix with good headphones is better.

Where I work...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
post #33 of 51 Old 09-24-15, 03:03 PM
Senior Shackster
Mike

My System

Quote:
ceh383 wrote: View Post
The SACD mix of Dark Side of The Moon is excellent, however, I think the 2 channel mix with good headphones is better.
So the SACD is a hybrid disc are you referring to the two channel DSD or CD mix on the SACD or from a different source?

post #34 of 51 Old 09-24-15, 05:11 PM
Shackster
Chuck

Quote:
typ44q wrote: View Post
So the SACD is a hybrid disc are you referring to the two channel DSD or CD mix on the SACD or from a different source?
I was referring to the original vinyl release...

Where I work...

post #35 of 51 Old 09-24-15, 06:18 PM
Elite Shackster

Lou

My System
Mo Fi's Original Master Recording?

Sent from my iPad using HTShack

I try to be as good as my dog thinks I am

post #36 of 51 Old 09-25-15, 08:29 PM
Elite Shackster

Jack

My System

I am a Floyd nut and still love listening to their music, watching their videos and just zoning as defined by said tunage.

I have seen the entire band 4 times live starting with the road show for Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, Animals (Twice) then of course Roger Waters 3 times live stating with Pros and Cons with Clapton live on guitar. Ahhhhhh, the good old days.

It is my strong opinion that the best sounding music comes from when Roger was still part of the band and used his OCD for perfection to control the recording process. One needs only dip their ears into the lovely elegance that is the tune "If" from the Atom Heart Mother album. You can hear Rogers vocals and writing style start to allow itself to come forward not to mention Gilmours melodic style that does not include too many nor too few notes, just the right amount with a groovy atmosphere to the song that promotes spaciality to come in future recordings.
Should we discuss the best versions or all their albums ???

Oh an my wife is ok with it and even went with me to see Roger twice live when he was near us. My daughter loves em too.

Good Listening

Jack

"For those who believe no proof is needed for those who don't believe no proof is possible"
post #37 of 51 Old 09-25-15, 10:08 PM
Elite Shackster

Jack

My System

Quote:
Lumen wrote: View Post
I'll always remember the drum solo in Moby Dick... Oh sorry, wrong thread!
Sent from my iPad using HTShack
Yeah Baby, I just kicked this on in the mighty mighty sytem. It was good

Good Listening

Jack

"For those who believe no proof is needed for those who don't believe no proof is possible"
post #38 of 51 Old 09-25-15, 10:52 PM
Shackster
Chuck

Quote:
Savjac wrote: View Post
I have seen the entire band 4 times live starting with the road show for Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, Animals (Twice) then of course Roger Waters 3 times live stating with Pros and Cons with Clapton live on guitar. Ahhhhhh, the good old days.
Yes, the good old days. I was able to see them 4 times, Animals, The Wall, A Momentary Lapse of Reason and The Division Bell. All were very good shows, I wish I could have seen the Dark Side of the Moon and Wish You Were Here tours. I never saw Roger on a solo tour, I'm sure they were very good as well...

Where I work...

post #39 of 51 Old 09-28-15, 08:03 PM
Shackster

My System
Quote:
Lumen wrote: View Post
I'll always remember the drum solo in Moby Dick... Oh sorry, wrong thread! Sent from my iPad using HTShack EDIT: One of Pink Floyd's less-celebrated works is "Obscured by Clouds", the soundtrack to the film La Vallée and is a favorite of mine. But not as much of a favorite as "Animals." One more Pink Floyd title that gets a lot of airplay is their DVD of "Live at Pompeii," an outdoor concert with no audience!
Funny, when I bought Live at Pompeii, I think VHS was the only option lol...still a great video no matter what format.

And I fully agree, Obscured is a fantastic album
post #40 of 51 Old 09-30-15, 01:18 PM
Elite Shackster

Lou

My System

I was the odd-man-out with my first copy on Betamax (j/k).
I recently plopped "The Making of DSOTM" and "The Making of Wish You Were Here" into the BD player. Wasn't expecting much and didn't expect to make it through the whole rock-u-mentaries, but was pleasantly entertained!

I try to be as good as my dog thinks I am