2Likes

post #41 of 51 Old 09-30-15, 01:32 PM
Elite Shackster

Lou

My System
Re: Pink Floyd

Quote:
chashint wrote: View Post
Maybe the indiscretions of my youth just put me in a more appreciative state of mind for those albums. I don't know that I am more sophisticated in my musical tastes than I was back then, but I do know I have a lot less indiscretions that might put my mind in that appreciative state.
Quote:
Andre wrote: View Post
The wife doesn't mind the mainstream Pink Floyd, but turns up her nose the the "acid trip" stuff
I recently came across this witticism (certainly NOT referring to anyone here):
"In the '60s, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird, and people take Prozac to make the world normal!"
--Author unknown

I try to be as good as my dog thinks I am
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 51 Old 09-30-15, 01:48 PM
Elite Shackster

My System
Quote:
Lumen wrote: View Post
I recently came across this witticism (certainly NOT referring to anyone here): "In the '60s, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird, and people take Prozac to make the world normal!" --Author unknown
rofl...
post #43 of 51 Old 10-01-15, 06:09 AM
Elite Shackster

Jack

My System

Now thats downright funny right there....

Good Listening

Jack

"For those who believe no proof is needed for those who don't believe no proof is possible"

post #44 of 51 Old 11-28-15, 11:53 AM
Shackster

My System

Late to the party here but NEVER late with Pink Floyd.

"Remember That Night" Blu-Ray (concert footage) is fantastic, It's David's standard touring band but Wright is there on keyboards.
With other special guests adding just the right amount to some of Pink Floyd classics. I highly recommend it!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remember_That_Night

A sleeper great 2-channel CD is "The Division Bell", Poles Apart has great dynamics and really shows off your 2 channel.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
post #45 of 51 Old 03-11-16, 07:31 AM
Shackster

Greetings to all of the Pink Floyd fans on here! I am a huge Floyd fan. My whole sound system has been built around the Dark Side of the Moon SACD, it's my reference disc for any changes made. Wish you were here on SACD sounds absolutely amazing also.

On a side note Wish you were here was the first Pink Floyd album I ever heard. I was around 9 or 10 years old and my friends Dad told me to listen to it, played off LP with headphones. Was absolutely amazing. Nothing ever compared to that sound until I heard the Multi-channel SACD version and it was like hearing it for the first time again.

I am interested in seeing how the Blu-ray audio versions compare but I first have to get a proper Blu-ray player to replace the XBOX one as a player as it has serious limitations when it comes to outputting hi-resolution audio.
post #46 of 51 Old 03-11-16, 08:10 AM
Elite Shackster

Jack

My System

The Blu Ray version of Wish You Were Here in the box set is far an away the best I have heard. Simply amazing and totally immersive. Ten thumbs up.

Good Listening

Jack

"For those who believe no proof is needed for those who don't believe no proof is possible"
post #47 of 51 Old 03-12-16, 10:55 AM
Senior Shackster

Kevin

My System

Quote:
Lumen wrote: View Post
I recently came across this witticism (certainly NOT referring to anyone here):
"In the '60s, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird, and people take Prozac to make the world normal!"
--Author unknown
Ah, but the world has always been weird, and so will it always be.

Quote:
Savjac wrote: View Post
The Blu Ray version of Wish You Were Here in the box set is far an away the best I have heard. Simply amazing and totally immersive. Ten thumbs up.
I most enthusiastically agree!
post #48 of 51 Old 03-13-16, 01:16 AM
Shackster

My System

Just realized I was having a Floyd-free weekend. That'll never do. Time to break out The Division Bell.
post #49 of 51 Old 03-13-16, 06:15 AM
Shackster

Quote:
Savjac wrote: View Post
On your recommendation I tracked it down and yes it certainly is impressive. I think the SACD version sounds just that little bit better but I think that's more psychological and probably wouldn't hold true in a blind listening test.

I actually put the Allan Parsons Quadrophonic version on by mistake and about 2 or 2 minutes in I was thinking "This sounds quite different" - it was only when I looked at my receiver and noticed the LFE channel missing that I realized that it wasn't the 5.1 mix.

But I kept listening to it and really enjoyed it. Makes me want to track down the Allan Parsons Dark Side of the Moon mix.

Quote:
kevin360 wrote: View Post
Ah, but the world has always been weird, and so will it always be.

I most enthusiastically agree!
So do I, although weird and normal are relative terms

Quote:
KevinJSteward wrote: View Post
Just realized I was having a Floyd-free weekend. That'll never do. Time to break out The Division Bell.
Yeah what were you thinking having a Floyd free weekend?

I actually just got the 20th Anniversary edition of Division Bell and the 5.1 mix has given me a whole new appreciation of that album. Hearing "Wearing the inside out" made me sad Rick Wright is no longer with us though.
KevinJSteward likes this.
post #50 of 51 Old 03-14-16, 09:46 AM
Senior Shackster
Mike

My System

Quote:
rubberbudgie wrote: View Post
I actually just got the 20th Anniversary edition of Division Bell and the 5.1 mix has given me a whole new appreciation of that album. Hearing "Wearing the inside out" made me sad Rick Wright is no longer with us though.
Cool! I didn't realize that they released Division Bell with a 5.1 mix and wow 20th anniversary, I remember seeing this in concert when I was in college. Great show and a really underrated album IMO.