Guns and Knives - Page 4 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #31 of 67 Old 09-14-15, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

My System
Re: Guns and Knives

We have the Shield's at 339.99 in 9mm or .40cal. For whatever reasons we don't seem to get too many calls for the Kahr's down this way. Ruger, S&W and Taurus seem to rule. We've been selling a lot of SCCY's too. We're averaging about 4-5 Glock 43's per month and a couple of 42's per month... but slow on all the other Glocks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 67 Old 09-14-15, 08:23 PM
HTS Moderator
Reviewer

My System

Quote:
Sonnie wrote: View Post
We have the Shield's at 339.99 in 9mm or .40cal. For whatever reasons we don't seem to get too many calls for the Kahr's down this way. Ruger, S&W and Taurus seem to rule. We've been selling a lot of SCCY's too. We're averaging about 4-5 Glock 43's per month and a couple of 42's per month... but slow on all the other Glocks.
wow, I would have jumped on the Shield for that price. Around here most places do $399-$449... I really like the grip of the Shield as it fits my hand REALLY well
post #33 of 67 Old 09-14-15, 10:03 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

My System

We have excellent prices on most all of our guns.

post #34 of 67 Old 09-14-15, 10:08 PM
HTS Moderator
Reviewer

My System

Quote:
We have excellent prices on most all of our guns.
it sounds like it. Wish you were in AZ
post #35 of 67 Old 09-14-15, 10:14 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

My System

Better to ship... no sales tax. Shipping is cheap... usually 20-25 via USPS.
post #36 of 67 Old 09-18-15, 12:06 AM
HTS Moderator
Reviewer

My System

uggggg. My Kahr's got cancelled from the dealer, and since he didn't know when he was getting another stock back in I just cancelled them. His price was too good to pay full price for them else where. I went with another set of options that I'd been kicking around.

for Me... I got the Sig P938 at a local gunshop. Mildly used , but decently broken in with custom Hogue grips at $489 for the gun + a 2nd extended mag (for some reason Sig's usually only ship with one mag nowadays). I paid more than I would have for the kahr, but I like the mini 1911 profile of cocked and locked

and for the wife I got a M&P Shield 9mm from Budgsgunshop for $344 shipped

I may replace the trigger with an apex trigger, cuz the shield triggers always felt a bit mushy to me. See how my wife likes it.

I said "to blazes with it" and went for a full size gun too since Walther is clearancing out the PPX... $295 out the door from CDDN shipped .. it's an UGLY looking 9mm, but I tested it out in sportsmans warehouse and it is a COMFORTABLE little pea shooter

post #37 of 67 Old 09-18-15, 12:55 AM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

My System

We have the Shields at 339.99 ... and if you are paying certified funds and not CC we can do that price shipped outside of Alabama. If in Alabama, we have to get sales tax.

CDNN seems to get a lot of the discontinued models at really good deals. Walther is not a good seller for us for whatever reasons though. We keep a few in stock, but not many.

We have the Taurus PT111 G2 Millennium 9mm and the PT140 .40cal at 229.34 and you get a $50 rebate card from Taurus. Outside of Alabama that's 179.34 after the MIR ... still under 200.00 if inside Alabama. That is a sweet deal on an awesome pistol. The ladies really like it, but I liked it well enough to get me one too for my everyday carry at the shop.
post #38 of 67 Old 09-18-15, 01:23 AM
HTS Moderator
Reviewer

My System

Quote:
We have the Shields at 339.99 ... and if you are paying certified funds and not CC we can do that price shipped outside of Alabama. If in Alabama, we have to get sales tax.

CDNN seems to get a lot of the discontinued models at really good deals. Walther is not a good seller for us for whatever reasons though. We keep a few in stock, but not many.

We have the Taurus PT111 G2 Millennium 9mm and the PT140 .40cal at 229.34 and you get a $50 rebate card from Taurus. Outside of Alabama that's 179.34 after the MIR ... still under 200.00 if inside Alabama. That is a sweet deal on an awesome pistol. The ladies really like it, but I liked it well enough to get me one too for my everyday carry at the shop.

yeah, I almost reached out to you, but then I saw Buds was including shipping on it, so I had to bite on that...

The Walther PPX has been discontinued as of this month by Walther which is why a LOT of places are selling right at about $299 shipped for it in black (both 9mm and .40 cal)... Walther recently reimplimented their lifetime warranty on all guns and the PPX is supposedly just a PPQ with just a few missing bells and whistles. A great shooter, but it was UGLY as all get out. I don't think Walther gets a lot of love ANYWHERE in the U.S. They are extremely well made guns, but their big sellers have always been the PPK and P99's with their Polymer guns kind of finding a niche group with the PPQ and the like.

Taurus... I've had some BAD experiences with Taurus, and while a lot of people really seem to like their value, I just can't go back to them. The only good experience I had with them was with a .38 snub nosed detective special revolver that my mother owns. Kind of hard to mess up a wheel gun.
post #39 of 67 Old 03-28-16, 06:02 PM
HTS Moderator
Reviewer

My System

just giving a little well deserved Plug for Sonnie over here. Ever since he mentioned that he sells firearms at his new business I've ordered about a half dozen different pistols from him and Sonnie has been magnificent. Amazing service and lightning fast shipping to my FFL dealer here in AZ. I've snagged a Smith and Wesson M&P 9c, a Smith and Wesson shield 9mm, a Rock Island 1911 (great gun), a glock 19 two tone and something else that I can't remember (yes I own enough that I've forgotten how many I have sometimes)....

He's now become one of my regular go to guys when I need to find a new gun when the itch strikes (which usually strikes every month or so sadly... (my wife just rolls her eyes)... I wouldn't hesitate to order something from him if any of you need a new gun

post #40 of 67 Old 03-28-16, 08:51 PM
Elite Shackster

Brandon

My System
Quote:
Mike Edwards wrote: View Post
just giving a little well deserved Plug for Sonnie over here. Ever since he mentioned that he sells firearms at his new business I've ordered about a half dozen different pistols from him and Sonnie has been magnificent. Amazing service and lightning fast shipping to my FFL dealer here in AZ. I've snagged a Smith and Wesson M&P 9c, a Smith and Wesson shield 9mm, a Rock Island 1911 (great gun), a glock 19 two tone and something else that I can't remember (yes I own enough that I've forgotten how many I have sometimes).... He's now become one of my regular go to guys when I need to find a new gun when the itch strikes (which usually strikes every month or so sadly... (my wife just rolls her eyes)... I wouldn't hesitate to order something from him if any of you need a new gun
In case of zombie apocalypse go to Mike's house.