Guns and Knives - Page 5 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #41 of 67 Old 03-28-16, 10:53 PM
HTS Moderator
Reviewer

My System
Re: Guns and Knives

Quote:
B- one wrote: View Post
In case of zombie apocalypse go to Mike's house.
that's just the tip of the iceberg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 67 Old 03-28-16, 11:01 PM
Elite Shackster

Jeff

My System
Nice collection Mike. My wife has both of those Smith & Wessons. That compact use to be her conceal carry but she's since replaced it with the Glock 42.
post #43 of 67 Old 03-28-16, 11:21 PM
HTS Moderator
Reviewer

My System

Quote:
JBrax wrote: View Post
Nice collection Mike. My wife has both of those Smith & Wessons. That compact use to be her conceal carry but she's since replaced it with the Glock 42.
I'm a big fan of the M&P line of guns from S&W... great guns. The M&P 9 compact in Flat Dark Earth is my main gun, but I also pocket carry the shield a lot of the time. my wife also carries the M&P 9 compact as well (just in black not in Flat Dark Earth)... I TRIED the glock 43/42 line, but I have giant palms and those stubby little 2x4 grips made holding onto it very difficult.

my bedside guns are a Ruger 1911 commander and a Sig P220 in .45 as well. I have a weakness for good old steel guns, but they are a bit heavy for extended carrying

post #44 of 67 Old 03-29-16, 01:17 AM
Elite Shackster

Jeff

My System
S&W makes some nice guns and my wife likes the way they fit in her hand. That Glock 42 is a tiny gun and I've been eyeing the 43 for her. I personally like Springfield Armory and own several such as the XDS (CCW) and the XD. I think my next purchase will be a Sig P226. Do some research on the testing done to that gun. It's pretty amazing and if the Secret Service and Seals trust it well…
post #45 of 67 Old 03-29-16, 08:40 AM
HTS Moderator
Reviewer

My System

Quote:
JBrax wrote: View Post
S&W makes some nice guns and my wife likes the way they fit in her hand. That Glock 42 is a tiny gun and I've been eyeing the 43 for her. I personally like Springfield Armory and own several such as the XDS (CCW) and the XD. I think my next purchase will be a Sig P226. Do some research on the testing done to that gun. It's pretty amazing and if the Secret Service and Seals trust it well…
yeah, the glock is just TOOO tiny in the grip for my palms... I haven't tried an XDS but I hear great things about them. if I grabbed an XDS for CCW it would be the .45 version for sure.

The Sig P226 is an amazing 9mm and probably better than even the venerable CZ-75. One of my next purchases if I can swing it. ATM I have the Sig P220, which is basically the .45 cal version of the 226 and it's a dream to shoot. I can only imagine how the lower kick of the 9mm cartridge would do with an all steel frame like that
post #46 of 67 Old 04-28-16, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

My System

Attached are several really good deals we have going right now...
Attached Thumbnails
Guns and Knives-issc_gen2.png  

Guns and Knives-ak47rifles.png  

Guns and Knives-heritage_rough_rider_combo.png  

Guns and Knives-taurus_709_slim.png  

Guns and Knives-walther_p22.png  

Guns and Knives-browning_buckmark_practical.png  

Guns and Knives-pt111_black.png  

post #47 of 67 Old 04-28-16, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

My System

Mike... I finally got me a ported Shield and use it as my CCW now. Very smooth shooting gun.
post #48 of 67 Old 04-29-16, 05:45 AM
HTS Moderator
Reviewer

My System

Quote:
Sonnie wrote: View Post
Mike... I finally got me a ported Shield and use it as my CCW now. Very smooth shooting gun.
I'll bet it is. I hear it shoots smoother than the regular shield and I LOOOOVE my 9mm shield. I got lucky with this one (I had one in the past that I gave my mother). I got one of those gems that has a fantastic fit to the barrel and makes for probably the most accurate subcompact I've tried. It's almost like I can't miss with it. My mom's shield I'm a little less accurate with so I guess it was just pure luck of the draw to get a dead accurate one. It's one of my favorite of the subs (besides the Sig p938 and that's only because I like the size plus the 1911 style). You're making me want to check out that thing and spend MORE money (don't tell my wife). /sigh

and wow, that ISSC didn't even TRY to hide the fact that they're copying a glock lol. And while I hate Taurus as a company in general I DO have to say that the PT111 G2 is a great gun (Taurus copied a great design, like with their original P92's which were Beretta 92fs clones). It shoots well and is a steal at $200... looking for a cheap backup or a car gun and that or the S&W SD9ve can't really be beat for the price.
post #49 of 67 Old 04-29-16, 08:30 AM
Elite Shackster

Jack

My System

I bought the Walther for my wife because not only did it fit her hand well, but she was able to pull the slide back.
Nice gun.

Good Listening

Jack

"For those who believe no proof is needed for those who don't believe no proof is possible"
post #50 of 67 Old 04-29-16, 08:39 AM
HTS Moderator
Reviewer

My System

Quote:
Savjac wrote: View Post
I bought the Walther for my wife because not only did it fit her hand well, but she was able to pull the slide back.
Nice gun.
which walther? the p22?? be warned it IS a bit picky on ammo

seeing that it's the threaded barrel version. I REALLY am considering getting a suprressor for one of my .22's... would be just plain fun.