Guns and Knives - Page 6 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #51 of 67 Old 04-29-16, 08:55 AM
Elite Shackster

Jack

My System
Re: Guns and Knives

Quote:
Mike Edwards wrote: View Post
which walther? the p22?? be warned it IS a bit picky on ammo

seeing that it's the threaded barrel version. I REALLY am considering getting a suprressor for one of my .22's... would be just plain fun.
I am sorry, my post should have said I bought he "A" Walther. PK380

Good Listening

Jack

"For those who believe no proof is needed for those who don't believe no proof is possible"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 67 Old 04-29-16, 09:25 AM
HTS Moderator
Reviewer

My System

Quote:
Savjac wrote: View Post
I am sorry, my post should have said I bought he "A" Walther. PK380
aaahhh gotcha. The Pk380 shoots nice if you can find one that works... I've never been a fan of the Umarex made "Walther" guns as Umarex has had a bad track record. luckily Walther instituted the lifetime warranty about a year and a half ago so if you DID get a dud they'll fix it. the pk380 is a bit bulky for what I like in a .380, but as you said. super easy slide racking which is great for someone with softer hands like a wife... I don't own a .380 yet, but the ruger LCP is calling to me as a pocket pistol.
post #53 of 67 Old 04-29-16, 09:36 AM
Elite Shackster

Jack

My System

Quote:
Mike Edwards wrote: View Post
aaahhh gotcha. The Pk380 shoots nice if you can find one that works... I've never been a fan of the Umarex made "Walther" guns as Umarex has had a bad track record. luckily Walther instituted the lifetime warranty about a year and a half ago so if you DID get a dud they'll fix it. the pk380 is a bit bulky for what I like in a .380, but as you said. super easy slide racking which is great for someone with softer hands like a wife... I don't own a .380 yet, but the ruger LCP is calling to me as a pocket pistol.
Thanks for the information Mike. My wife wanted a hand gun and we looked and tried for a good bit until we came across this Walther here in town. It fit her and yes she could pull the slide very well, she has weak arms.
We have not had any problems yet and we mainly...and luckily just do target practice to keep in shape so maybe we got a good one.

Good Listening

Jack

"For those who believe no proof is needed for those who don't believe no proof is possible"

post #54 of 67 Old 04-29-16, 09:44 AM
HTS Moderator
Reviewer

My System

Quote:
Savjac wrote: View Post
Thanks for the information Mike. My wife wanted a hand gun and we looked and tried for a good bit until we came across this Walther here in town. It fit her and yes she could pull the slide very well, she has weak arms.
We have not had any problems yet and we mainly...and luckily just do target practice to keep in shape so maybe we got a good one.
I wouldn't worry too much. if you've tossed 300-400 rounds down the pipe and it's good you probably got one of the good ones. the PK380 is NOT a complex gun and actually one of Umarex's better ones. if it was the CCP I would have told you to burn it immediately and make a sacrifice so it doesn't infect your other guns!!! it was a fantastic aesthetic design, but a NIGHTMARE for reliability. Walther's best ones are still the P99 (Brosnan's Bond used that one and I have it too, amazing gun that's been in production for 20 years) the PPQ and the subcompact PPS (have them all lol)... still made in the ULM Germany plant and INSANELY reliable.
post #55 of 67 Old 04-30-16, 08:48 PM
Elite Shackster

Jeff

My System
Sonnie, any chance you can get your hands on some Rick Henderer knives?
post #56 of 67 Old 04-30-16, 10:27 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

My System

Quote:
JBrax wrote: View Post
Sonnie, any chance you can get your hands on some Rick Henderer knives?
I think it is possible. I sent them a dealer inquiry, but probably won't hear back from them until Monday or Tuesday. If their minimum buy-in isn't astronomical, we should be able to get on board with them pretty easily.
post #57 of 67 Old 04-30-16, 10:29 PM
Elite Shackster

Jeff

My System
Quote:
Sonnie wrote: View Post
I think it is possible. I sent them a dealer inquiry, but probably won't hear back from them until Monday or Tuesday. If their minimum buy-in isn't astronomical, we should be able to get on board with them pretty easily.
Let me know I'd be interested.
post #58 of 67 Old 05-01-16, 11:29 AM
HTS Moderator
Reviewer

My System

oh dear. they have some hooked micro blades that would tempt me way too much if Sonnie got any of those in. lol
post #59 of 67 Old 05-11-16, 05:52 AM
Elite Shackster
Todd Anderson

My System
If there's ever a zombie apocalypse, I know where I'm going... Sonnie's! Fall back plan: Mike's!!
post #60 of 67 Old 02-23-17, 06:33 AM
HTS Moderator
Reviewer

My System

it's been a while, but I thought I'd share some newer acquisituions.

the latest is a CZ 75 Compact SP-01 (or at least we're dubbing it that). CZ international actually made 1500 of these guns specially for a military or police contract in the East side of the globe and whoever their client was skipped out on the bill and left them with 1500 specialty guns that they had to unload. Well, they decided to let the U.S. have a crack at them and I snagged a pair of them ... Basically a CZ 75 P-01 with a full steel frame instead of the Aluminum Alloy one they usually come with, an ambi safety (usually a docker or right handed safety), upswept beaver tail and a light rail.... stunning gun that pretty much has NO recoil.

Brand new Glock 17 Gen 4 to compliment the Glock 19 that Sonnie sold me last year (I used Glock 17 mags in my glock 19 and had about 10 of them lying around so I figured why not add the actual 17 to the mix, I had the mags )

an M&P Shield in .45 cal to replace the 9mm shield I got from Sonnie a while back for my personal carry gun (because if you can get a bigger bullet, why not)

and I don't have a picture of it, but for my wife's Xmas present I built her a custom AR-15 with a pencil barrel and red dot so she can have rifle of her own that she doesn't have to keep borrowing from me.

EDIT: looks like I did find a pic of it, forgot I had one stashed on my email sent folder

oh, and a Sig P220 Carry Elite Dark (found it in a pawnshop for only $600 including tax, and they had NO idea what they had.... $1200 gun new)

and once again a plug for Sonnie. He's always been amazing whenever I message him about picking up a new gun. Prompt service and I always get the gun within 3 days of emailing him.