The SWAMP! - Volume Two - Page 2 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #11 of 410 Old 11-08-08, 10:15 PM
Elite Shackster

My System
Re: The SWAMP! - Volume Two

We definitely would not want you to starve, then you would not be alive.

Bama pulled it out in overtime... 27-21 ... what a mistake plagued game it was. I still can't believe we are 10-0.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 410 Old 11-09-08, 01:11 AM
drf
drf

So I am guessing Bama won?
post #13 of 410 Old 11-09-08, 09:52 AM
Elite Shackster

My System

Yeah... BAMA 27 LSU 21

post #14 of 410 Old 11-10-08, 03:16 AM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Fincave

Send a message via Skype™ to Fincave

Morning all!

Tough weekend at work and still two more days to go before my 'weekend' starts. Am currently looking to upgrade my receiver and have received a few quotes, not sure which I will go for in the end. I can get the Onkyo 706 or the 805, both new for the same money. May well go for the 805 even if it is a slightly older model.

The dog is doing fine, swelling has gone down a lot. She also met up with her sister yesterday and no squabbles at all which is a good thing. May make a trip to her breeder this week as she wants to train her a little bit for the show ring. She has been shown a few times and done well, she just does not move very well. Want to see the breeder as well as am planning on getting a boy next year.

Hope everyone is keeping well and healthy!

post #15 of 410 Old 11-10-08, 04:00 AM
drf
drf

keeping fine. Glad to hear all is well with the dog and so on.

I have just started recording in my studio and have realised that I need mopre treatment. This was not actually a revalation as I always new I had to do it to get the results I want, But I really am not in the mood to go throught the motions measure, intsall, test, adjust, measure, test, repeat. I am in a tight one because there is a fair bit of mid/high I need to stop without messing up the low end response. I don't want to diffuse the highs, I want to stop them, so I am researching madly.
post #16 of 410 Old 11-10-08, 01:05 PM
Elite Shackster

My System

Another Monday here... somewhat busy, but we do get a holiday tomorrow.
post #17 of 410 Old 11-10-08, 11:55 PM
Elite Shackster
Maverick

Tuesday morning, crazy busy at work, so I came in early to read the SWAMP...

Have to exhange my new projector, it's got some optic issues and some colour wheel bug. That's a bummer, but thankfully it sits on a shelf so it's easy to move and get back in the same spot.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

post #18 of 410 Old 11-11-08, 01:35 AM
Elite Shackster

thxgoon

Tuesday morning and busy at work! I just got off my shift Monday night, and boy was it busy. Tomorrow is a studyathon for test on Wednesday.... ugh..

Drf, the thicker you go with room treatment the lower it absorbs right? Why not just go a few inches.. shouldn't hurt the bass

post #19 of 410 Old 11-11-08, 06:30 AM
Elite Shackster

My System

Yup... Tuesday morning here too. Bright and early! :sunshine:

Bummer on the pj Mav.

Hey doc... talk with bpape in Home Audio Acoustics... I bet he can tell you exactly what you need, but like goon says, sounds like you need to thicken up the walls. There are probably better materials to choose from, which Bryan should know about.
post #20 of 410 Old 11-12-08, 01:10 AM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Fincave

Send a message via Skype™ to Fincave

Good morning from a very tired Fincave! Coffee just does not seem to be doing the trick at the moment. I ended up buying a new receiver, the Onkyo 805 which I got for a reasonable price, also bought a PS3 finally, yet to connect them up but have at least started. Unfortunately will not have much time to play with the new toys as I received an email on Monday evening that has turned my little world upside down.

I have been planning on getting a male staffy (dog) for quite a while with the intention of possibly bringing him home next year March at the earliest. The email I received on Monday was titled 'Male white puppy looking for a home' and was from the breeder of our female staffy. Needless to say I am thrilled but in a bit of a panic as well. Need to get my apartment puppy proof and quickly. My lounge at the moment is just a mess of cables and boxes, just the things that a puppy would love to get its teeth into. I get to pick him up this afternoon so I suppose I better go and do some more connecting and setting up before heading off to the petstore to pick up some things.