The SWAMP! - Volume Two - Page 3 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #21 of 410 Old 11-12-08, 07:27 AM
Elite Shackster

My System
Re: The SWAMP! - Volume Two

Good Morning Swampsters...

We have enjoyed our 805 thus far. I sold the PS3 since I did not play games and could not tell a big difference between Blu-ray and upconverted SD-DVD.

Good luck with the new pup...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 410 Old 11-12-08, 08:38 AM
Elite Shackster
Maverick

No difference between SD and HD.... What's your setup? The difference is HUGE if you do it right. Not subtle, HUGE!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

post #23 of 410 Old 11-12-08, 09:54 AM
Elite Shackster

My System

No noticeable difference between PS3 Blu-ray and my former Toshiba XA2 HD-DVD upconversion of SD-DVD... nor even my current oppo 983. Both are stunningly great. Sure, there was a difference between the PS3 SD and Blu-ray, but no where close to huge... and I had it all setup properly. I suspect if you are seeing a huge difference, you may not be upconverting your SD.

post #24 of 410 Old 11-12-08, 10:11 AM
Elite Shackster
Maverick

Currently using my HD-EP30 to upconvert, have tried the Denon 1940, Nad M55, Denon DVD 3910, some higher end OPPO stuff as well. None can compare to high def sources like HD-DVD or BluRay. The difference was negligible on my old projector (BenQ PE7700). My current projector (W5000) is even better on SD, but truly stunning on hidef.

post #25 of 410 Old 11-12-08, 12:55 PM
Elite Shackster

My System

Hmmm... some of the best setups I have read about with the guys are extremely picky about every little thing say that a properly calibrated display with an oppo 983 will rival Blu-ray all day long and many could not tell the difference. I have seen what is supposedly the best in HD, and while stunningly amazing (well... that is what I use to say... it has worn off now and I am use to it)... my oppo 983 is very very close to as stunningly amazing. YMMV

Anyway... I am happy that I don't have to spend extra money on BD.
post #26 of 410 Old 11-13-08, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Fincave

Send a message via Skype™ to Fincave

Evening all! Trust all is well with everyone? If you want a bit of stress and a lot of fun, get a puppy!! He is very cute, pretty well behaved especially seeing as though he is only twelve weeks old and has masses of energy. On top of all that he is pretty time consuming. I bought the Onkyo 805 and the PS3, have them all connected up and have even found the time to switch them on, no time to play with them at the moment. I will be taking a few weeks holiday starting second week of December, hopefully the pup will spend some time asleep then and I will be awake.

Here is one pic of the boy, Jethro.

post #27 of 410 Old 11-13-08, 12:09 PM
Elite Shackster
Maverick

Cute dog!

I bought Mirror's edge today, and tried it briefly. I have my PS3 hooked up to the projector in my theatre of course, and it looked awesome. After a while I got severe motion sickness, though. I think that needs to go back. Too bad, the game looks awesome and the story and gameplay is very innovative. But if I can't play it more than 15 minutes it's no good...

post #28 of 410 Old 11-13-08, 12:16 PM
Elite Shackster

My System

A flipping puppy... yes he is cute. Congrats

Sick'em Jethro...

Mav... how much longer you gonna be on those subs? I would have thought surely you are done by now... no?
post #29 of 410 Old 11-13-08, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Fincave

Send a message via Skype™ to Fincave

He may be cute but even better he is fast asleep, twelve weeks old and he snores. He may not be that 'cute' when he grows up, here is a pic of his dad.

post #30 of 410 Old 11-13-08, 01:04 PM
Elite Shackster
Maverick

The subs are ina that 'aaaaaaalmost' finished state. Right now I have them behind curtains anyway, so looks don't really matter that much. So yeah, they are 'done', but only just...