The SWAMP! - Volume Two - Page 5 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #41 of 410 Old 11-18-08, 02:56 AM
drf
drf

Re: The SWAMP! - Volume Two

Quote:
Sonnie wrote: View Post
I am hopeful as well. 53% of the U.S. population voted for him because he promised hope. He will either have to show us some positive results or he will only have four years of White House living.
Its easy to promise something that is always there. You can have hope even when everything has failed. Now if he promised a positive outcome for the economy, that would be something to vote for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 410 Old 11-18-08, 12:43 PM
Elite Shackster

thxgoon

The sad thing is it will take the economy a couple of years to turn around, but by then all of the critics will be talking about his failure to change.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
post #43 of 410 Old 11-18-08, 01:24 PM
Elite Shackster

My System

Probably so...

I am fairly certain they were voting for the hope of a promised turn around in the economy. He'll get about 3 years to prove himself... if it's turned around and headed in the right direction when the next campaigning starts, he'll probably get another term.

post #44 of 410 Old 11-19-08, 12:29 AM
drf
drf

good luck to him, the American economy is a lot more stuffed than ours at the moment (bigger = bigger loses) there are predictions here of it getting a bit worse yet and then at least two years before we get back to were we are now before we can even consider there being an improvement. Which to me means invester confidence won't come back for sometime. I hope I am wrong but as our economy follows general world trends we export heavily to the US and Europe whilst we import from asia our income depends on the U$ and euro$ and our cost of living is semi-dependent on tawian, china, maylasia etc having a good economy.

On a happier note, I still have a job. As I work in a field were I build a luxury vehical that nobody needs, this is very good luck. <- more to the point.
post #45 of 410 Old 11-19-08, 07:31 AM
Elite Shackster

My System

Yeah... it don't sound so good, that is for sure. I cannot remember the last time our financial market plummeted like it has in this last year... and there appears to be zero confidence here.

12 months:

6 months:
post #46 of 410 Old 11-19-08, 01:55 PM
AlexE
Inactive

Quote:
drf wrote: View Post
Its easy to promise something that is always there. You can have hope even when everything has failed. Now if he promised a positive outcome for the economy, that would be something to vote for.
I voted for him, but be that as it may, as soon as it was clear who won my mind naturally turned around putting him under the most severe scrutiny. I've been watching his every move looking for signs of that "Ahhhhh" kick your leggs up and do nothing phenom. Favorably, he's been doing summits and conferences with long tables full of old dudes and just generally keeping up with that energy that made me vote for him. So far so good - i mean look at dubya. Perhaps it's the last 4 years that make him look so extra discolored but he did literally nothing. Ever. Summits? Yeah. With Cheyne over some Guitar Hero and scotch
post #47 of 410 Old 11-19-08, 06:48 PM
Elite Shackster

thxgoon

Wow Sonnie... that really puts it into perspective. At least gas is cheap again

post #48 of 410 Old 11-20-08, 12:08 AM
Elite Shackster

My System

Really... that is the bright side of things for now. It is running about $1.87/gal. around here today... not that bad at all.

I will say I agree with you Alex... Bush did not do squat his last four years. At least nothing that I could see. Since his last term started... the stock market crashed and gas set an all time record high along with an increase in everything that hits our pocket book the most... especially groceries.

Today was not a good day for Obama in the eyes of many though. He seems to be bringing in many of the former Clinton aids.
post #49 of 410 Old 11-20-08, 12:13 AM
Elite Shackster

My System

Btw... I just checked and the Dow took a pretty serious dive today...

Down 427 to 7997.

post #50 of 410 Old 11-20-08, 12:35 AM
Elite Shackster

thxgoon

Personally, there's a lot to get excited about right now. If a person couldn't afford to buy into stock, they might be able to now, and when the market recovers they'll be sitting nicely. Home values have finally stopped rocketing upward giving people like me hope that we might be able to afford one on a middle class salary someday. Airlines have a chance to hedge a bunch of fuel and give them a better chance of survival for the next few years. And hopefully, our economy and industry leaders learn something from this whole shenanigans to keep our economy more stable (and realistic) in the future.