The SWAMP! - Volume Two - Page 6 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #51 of 410 Old 11-20-08, 02:54 AM
drf
drf

Re: The SWAMP! - Volume Two

Thxgoon, that's probably one of the most positive statments about the economy I've heard in a while that isn't founded on false hope, exageration or misleading information. I would only be worried about buying cheap stock now if I couldn't afford to lose whtever money I put into it.

I just pity self funded retiree's right now. For some reason the financial institutions over here are causing a great deal of grief for them.

EDIT: flip pic:heres my studio in its semi-clean state.

The SWAMP! - Volume Two-studio.jpg

Last edited by drf; 11-20-08 at 05:15 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 410 Old 11-20-08, 03:28 AM
Elite Shackster

thxgoon

Ya, I feel bad for my parents who are looking at retirement soon. I'm sure their fund took a big hit.

Now where's your flip pic!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
post #53 of 410 Old 11-20-08, 05:19 AM
Elite Shackster
Maverick

Cool! Post something you recorded in there, will'ya?

post #54 of 410 Old 11-20-08, 09:32 AM
Elite Shackster

My System

Yeah... I did not remember you being such a artist of variety. Let's hear something...

Neato... looks like this is one of those that updates during the day. We can follow it.

I would be a little skiddish on investing right now as well. It seems like it would have no choice but to recover, but I wonder how long it will be and will it continue to take a hit as it has been doing. Scary. Of course I do not invest in the stock market anyway... always felt like it was the equivalent to gambling.
post #55 of 410 Old 11-20-08, 04:49 PM
AlexE
Inactive

Quote:
Sonnie wrote: View Post
Really... that is the bright side of things for now. It is running about $1.87/gal. around here today... not that bad at all.

I will say I agree with you Alex... Bush did not do squat his last four years. At least nothing that I could see. Since his last term started... the stock market crashed and gas set an all time record high along with an increase in everything that hits our pocket book the most... especially groceries.

Today was not a good day for Obama in the eyes of many though. He seems to be bringing in many of the former Clinton aids.
It was about $1.47/g around here when "he" started

Here in So Cal I had to pay as high as 4.90+/g with isolated instances of over 5; It felt SO good to fill up for $25 again yesterday...

I haven't been paying attention to Obama's cabinet picks, or anything else for the past few days as I'm busy tearing the old skanky carpet out of my new house and doing other renovations. I trust him but now I'm curious. As for opportunity, I got this house for $310 from people who paid $535 in 04. After the nightmares of a 'shortsale' it's finally mine and it's my first place. I couldn't have done this for half a million, nor would I want to (it's not THAT nice. Just San Diego ) but when this bubble finally burst it let people like me get their first house for what it really ought to cost and taught everyone else a very important lesson.

You can't expect an already overpriced house to go to a million, refinance 3 times and buy 2 new SUVs and 7 jetskis when you have a modest income. I don't know if this is more important to the ignorant consumers or the overzealous loan officers either. I worked for a loan/refi company before all this stuff went down the tubes - I KNOW we would push it through by any means necessary to get the check at the end.. the bigger the loan the bigger the check to top it off so people were encouraged to borrow as much as the lender would approve.

Alcohol sales are up on the other hand... i know I've been helping them myself - should have got some shares of JD

Ps. I LOVE all the smileys here. I want to use them all....
post #56 of 410 Old 11-20-08, 05:23 PM
Elite Shackster

My System

You can certainly use them all if you want to...

Well... that ain't all of them... but you get the idea.
post #57 of 410 Old 11-23-08, 04:50 AM
drf
drf

I'll try and do something over the next couple of weeks, I have been away and time is tight. This studio is not so much for recording me but for recording friends. I love a challenge and putting together a home studio for less than $2000 sounded like a good challenge.

Is that enough?
post #58 of 410 Old 11-23-08, 12:20 PM
Elite Shackster

My System

Maybe.
post #59 of 410 Old 11-23-08, 11:47 PM
drf
drf

Is that better?
post #60 of 410 Old 11-24-08, 03:50 AM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Fincave

Send a message via Skype™ to Fincave

Attack of the smileys seems to be going on in the Swamp!

Boy this puppy is keeping me busy, not a dull moment ever! Thankfully he does sleep some of the time but nowhere near enough. He is growing and learning, not quite house trained but getting there.

$25 to fill up?? I wish our petrol was that price, the price has now come down but were I to fill up it would cost closer to $75 and my tank is not big, it would only be about 50 litres so roughly 13 US gallons or 11 British gallons. Why can't a gallon just be a gallon, does everyone need their own one?