The SWAMP! - Volume Two - Page 7 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #61 of 410 Old 11-24-08, 03:55 AM
drf
drf

Re: The SWAMP! - Volume Two

Quote:
Fincave wrote: View Post
Attack of the smileys seems to be going on in the Swamp!

Boy this puppy is keeping me busy, not a dull moment ever! Thankfully he does sleep some of the time but nowhere near enough. He is growing and learning, not quite house trained but getting there.

$25 to fill up?? I wish our petrol was that price, the price has now come down but were I to fill up it would cost closer to $75 and my tank is not big, it would only be about 50 litres so roughly 13 US gallons or 11 British gallons. Why can't a gallon just be a gallon, does everyone need their own one?
If you folk would adopt the sensible and easily integrated metric system then everyone would have the same units. One litre is the same the world around, unlike miles, gallons and who knows what else.

Currently cost A$70 to fill my tank

On a happier note my kids are in bed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 410 Old 11-24-08, 12:59 PM
Elite Shackster

My System

What's up...

It's down to $1.57/gal. south of us here in Alabama.
post #63 of 410 Old 11-24-08, 03:21 PM
JCD
Elite Shackster

Jacen

Just in case anyone missed it, the most important game of the year occurred this last Saturday.
Of course, that game would be the 111th installment of The Big Game.

I'm happy to announce that The Axe is back in it's rightful hands..

Cal 37, Stanford 16

Carry on and Go Bears!

JCD

post #64 of 410 Old 11-24-08, 11:19 PM
Elite Shackster

My System

Congrats to the Bears...

Roll Tide!
post #65 of 410 Old 11-25-08, 12:08 AM
drf
drf

Why do you guys were helmets when you play footy? Doesn't it obstruct the view?
post #66 of 410 Old 11-25-08, 01:59 AM
Elite Shackster
Maverick

Americans are wimps, you know! Aussies and proper Norwegian Vikings are much tougher.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

post #67 of 410 Old 11-25-08, 03:00 AM
Elite Shackster

thxgoon

Hey... I played rugby

post #68 of 410 Old 11-25-08, 03:43 AM
Elite Shackster
Maverick

But that's up in the mountains. They are tuff up there too!

post #69 of 410 Old 11-25-08, 03:47 AM
drf
drf

Why do I get the feeling we've had this convo before? I think it was in the last volume.

Time to talk about something new. Who believes the peak oil theory?
post #70 of 410 Old 11-25-08, 03:56 AM
Elite Shackster
Maverick

Well.... There is bound to be a peak in oil production at one point, after which the total yield will decline. I do not believe we have seen this peak yet, though. New territories are being explored, and huge reserves are yet to be extracted.

If alternate energy is found for transportation the total need for oil as fuel will decline of course, but that is a long way off yet.