The SWAMP! - Volume Two - Page 8 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #71 of 410 Old 11-25-08, 04:13 AM
drf
drf

Re: The SWAMP! - Volume Two

It will be interesting to see what happens over the next few years with regard to electric cars and fuel prices. I have a beutiful car that I'd like to keep until it is a classic (or even vintage) but I'm guessing I won't be able to fill it up by that stage. My money is on nano-phosphate battery technology for powering cars in 4 years time. As for peak oil, I doubt we have hit it nor with technology going the way it is that we will ever hit it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 410 Old 11-25-08, 04:45 AM
Elite Shackster
Maverick

Well, at one point we will have either depleted the reserves or demand will diminish, and by definition we will have had a peak, even a high 'Q' one.

I'd love an electric car IF they make them perform as well as a petrol or diesel one. The three main obstacles so far are price, weight and range. Power is no issue. Electric motors are pretty efficient, and have lots of torque, even at higher revs these days, but if you have few enough cells to keep weight reasonable you get very short range. If you want range you get added weight, and compromise performance. Range would be less of an issue if the recharge times were like a petrol car, i.e. a few minutes to full charge.

I do not know how the electric cars of today are regarding crash safety, but I imagine the added weight doesn't help. Also, ruptured cells could potetntially leak dangerous chemicals. Of course a ruptured fueltank is dangerous in itself, but that is a well known and documented hazard.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

post #73 of 410 Old 11-25-08, 11:46 AM
Elite Shackster

My System

What is the peak oil theory... never heard of it I guess.

post #74 of 410 Old 11-27-08, 10:13 PM
Elite Shackster

My System

What's up?
post #75 of 410 Old 11-28-08, 12:12 AM
Elite Shackster
Maverick

Hey, guys!

Wassup today?

It's friday, and this weekend I've decided to actually finish my home theater! I've been moving stuff atound alot lately, trying to find a better spot for my subwoofers and stuff, but none is better than my original rear placement. I moved them back last night and did the Audyssey dance, and my system was back sounding like it's supposed to. So now I need to move some lamps around a bit and route a few wires to group the lights properly on my remote, and I should be done. The couch needs a replacement, but that's for '09. I've now got the equipment I want, I'm FullHD and ready to rock!

I am in that place where you look at your watch, it says 2.30am on a working night and you just GOTTA listen to another track, or just ONE more episode of Band of Brothers, THEN I'll go to bed. Promise!

I love it!

post #76 of 410 Old 11-28-08, 01:19 AM
drf
drf

G'day all, peak oil is when the amount of oil we are extracting from the ground is at its absolute due to the resources avaliable. That is, because we have extracted more than half the resources avalaible every day there will be less and less avaliable. The theory only holds true if we accurately know how much oil is left in the ground and how much oil the world will use over the coming decades.

I don't hold it to be true, because we don't know what technology or world events will cause a change in natural oil consumption and we still don't know how much oil there is left.

I am planing on doing stuff this weekend. Plenty of stuff actually. and after I have done that stuff, I might do some different stuff. Looks like it will be a good one.

Yeah, flip pic again. Sorry it took so long to realise:

I thought this was pretty cool:
Name:  imageload.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  7.2 KB

Last edited by drf; 11-28-08 at 07:42 AM.
post #77 of 410 Old 11-28-08, 03:17 AM
Elite Shackster
Maverick

Hehe!

I love doing 'stuff' too. Especially when 'stuff' is literal, and means stuffing my face infront of my screen!

post #78 of 410 Old 11-28-08, 03:31 AM
drf
drf

Oh no, now you have defined stuff as eating, everyone will think I am a pig.

so Instead of doing stuff this weekend, I have changed my plans. I am now doing things. Yeah, lots of things, followed by more things. And if I get bored with that I might even do someTHING.
post #79 of 410 Old 11-28-08, 03:56 AM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Fincave

Send a message via Skype™ to Fincave

Flip pic???????????????

I actually have the weekend off for a change, may even do some stuffing as am going out to eat on Saturday, not a thing I normally do seeing as though I work as a chef. I also have five more days of work before having nearly four weeks off, time to get a few things sorted, train the puppy a little, may even do some stuff.

post #80 of 410 Old 11-28-08, 07:05 AM
Elite Shackster
Maverick

yeah, flip pic!

Flip pic!

Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!Flip pic!

... Ok, I'll take my pills now...