Any motorcycle riders here? - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lumen

post #1 of 9 Old 01-18-17, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Tony

My System
Any motorcycle riders here?

Well, today a fulfilled a dream of mine and bought a brand new Victory Vision. This thing is a beautiful bike.

What do you ride?

Home theater:
Onkyo 805, Yamaha YDP2006EQ, Samson Servo 600 amp
3 EV Sentry 500 monitors across the front, 4 Mission 762i's Surrounds, SVS PB13U sub, Panasonic BDT220, Harmony 1100, Nintendo WiiU
Panasonic PT-AE8000 on a 120" 2,35:1 fixed screen

Living room system:
Sherwood/Newcastle R972, Mission 765's, SVS SBS02's, A/D/S MS3u sub, Yamaha YDG2030EQ
Yamaha KX-393 Tape deck, CDC 805 CD changer, Panasonic BD60, Sony turntable PS-T20
Panasonic TC-P50ST60, HD-PVR & WDTV Live, Harmony 900

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 01-21-17, 11:36 AM
Elite Shackster

Lou

My System
Re: Any motorcycle riders here?

Sweet! I like the way their styling stands out from the crowd. My ride is a Harley Breakout.Any motorcycle riders here?-img_1754.jpgAny motorcycle riders here?-img_1760.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I try to be as good as my dog thinks I am
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
post #3 of 9 Old 01-21-17, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Tony

My System

That's really nice

Ya, Polaris is discontinuing the Victory line so they are discounting the bikes a fair bit plus my location dealer is offering 7 years warranty so to hard to pass up. It's sad that they are because the bikes really fit people that are tall like myself.

Home theater:
3 EV Sentry 500 monitors across the front, 4 Mission 762i's Surrounds, SVS PB13U sub, Panasonic BDT220, Harmony 1100, Nintendo WiiU

Living room system:
Sherwood/Newcastle R972, Mission 765's, SVS SBS02's, A/D/S MS3u sub, Yamaha YDG2030EQ
Yamaha KX-393 Tape deck, CDC 805 CD changer, Panasonic BD60, Sony turntable PS-T20

post #4 of 9 Old 01-22-17, 01:03 AM
Elite Shackster

bigbadbill

Over the last 30 years

1965 Honda 550/4 Supersport (worked, zero to 85 km/h in one block. In first gear...)
Great in a straight line, forget the corners. A typical cafe racer.

1980 Kawasaki GP750, ex-police with full police fairings and panniers. I had to modify the fairing mount as the frame number wasn't visible. OK for the police, not ok for me....

Latest is a 1965 Royal Enfield Bullet 350. This is identical to the the 1957 Bullet, parts are interchangeable.

Sorry, no harleys. (I don't have any large hammers)

Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.

DIY completed:

post #5 of 9 Old 01-23-17, 10:06 AM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Tony

My System

Quote:
robbo266317 wrote: View Post

1980 Kawasaki GP750, ex-police with full police fairings and panniers. I had to modify the fairing mount as the frame number wasn't visible. OK for the police, not ok for me....
My first bike was the 1981 Kawasaki GPz550 so Ya I know what you mean. That bike was crazy fast for its size. I wanted a GPz750 but could never find one for a decent price.

Quote:
I was not really ever a HD fan but have met many a rider that are really decent people to hang around with. The one complaint I always hear from them is they are great bikes but dont always get you from point A to point B on a long hull without issues.

The Victory lineup is said to go 300,000mi without issues.

Home theater:

Living room system:

post #6 of 9 Old 01-23-17, 01:52 PM
Elite Shackster

bigbadbill

Quote:
My first bike was the 1981 Kawasaki GPz550 so Ya I know what you mean. That bike was crazy fast for its size. I wanted a GPz750 but could never find one for a decent price.
I took a car to be auctioned and the Kawasaki's didn't get any bids above reserve. I asked what the reserve was after the auction and got it for au$650.00
It wasn't running and I tracked it down to a faulty coil, so $85.00 later it was up and running. I sold it six years later, as I was relocating with work, for $3,500.00

A great bike.

Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.

DIY completed:

post #7 of 9 Old 01-23-17, 02:12 PM
Elite Shackster

Lou

My System

Quote:
Over the last 30 years
1965 Honda 550/4 Supersport
1980 Kawasaki GP750
1965 Royal Enfield Bullet 350
Sounds like they've forked over (haha, get it - fork?) their share of good times!

Quote:
How about any shop rags to catch the dripping oil?

Quote:
tonyvdb wrote: View Post
I was not really ever a HD fan but have met many a rider that are really decent people to hang around with.
I really had no clue what I was getting myself into when I bought the bike. Customization and camaraderie go hand-in-hand. HD stands for "Harley Davidson" but it also stands for "Hundred Dollars." Why? Because every time you buy an HD-branded item, it costs at least a hundred dollars! And yes, you can find scary biker-types, but I've thankfully not come across any.

Quote:
The one complaint I always hear from them is they are great bikes but don't always get you from point A to point B on a long hull without issues.
Hence the need for decent bikers to hang around and help!

Quote:
The Victory lineup is said to go 300,000mi without issues.
Great Scott!! Sounds like the BMW of bikes. Oh, wait a minute...
robbo266317 likes this.

post #8 of 9 Old 01-23-17, 02:20 PM
Shackster

I dont ride any more but here are the last 2 I had. 2009 sporty and a 2012 Fatboy.

I hate protesting! I just don't know how to show it.
post #9 of 9 Old 01-24-17, 01:54 PM
Elite Shackster

Lou

My System

Quote:
Ya, Polaris is discontinuing the Victory line so they are discounting the bikes a fair bit plus my location dealer is offering 7 years warranty so to hard to pass up. It's sad that they are because the bikes really fit people that are tall like myself.
Good choice! Care to share the also-rans?

Quote:
scotts2014se wrote: View Post
I dont ride any more but here are the last 2 I had. 2009 sporty and a 2012 Fatboy
Gorgeous paint job. Love the green!