Technology killed the feelings - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #1 of 4 Old 06-12-13, 09:10 AM Thread Starter
tba
Shackster

Technology killed the feelings

As I am new in this valuable team, I am wondering if somebody will want to approach the subject. If not interesting, I apologize and I kindly ask the moderators to erase it.
Hometheater, means to me more than watching Avatar and so on. Multichannel or stereo music is also part, I believe, of it. Before going in details, I am curious if such a post can go further or is born dead. I respect even so. My feeling is that we are insisting on technical issues, which is ok, but forget we are humans and all these gadgets take us away from our basic feelings, happy or not.
Do we have to impress others with our system " wow whatta bass! " or enjoy the message (music or movie)?
If accepted, we can discuss about different settings and approaches. Anyone?
regards,
tba
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-12-13, 09:26 AM
Elite Shackster

Re: Technology killed the feelings

Personally, my take on "home theater" is to enhance the viewing and listening of recreational entertainment, i.e. watching movies and tv shows as well as listening to music.

To me, having the best equipment, etc., is not the end all to enjoy one's music or movies. Main thing is to enhance it from the basic form (non home theater oriented equipment) to really appreciate the content the way the composer wanted us to experience it.

Listening to music on a boombox (from back in the day) to listening to it in 5.1 Surround sound allows us the ability to really hear the music just as watching tv on a 13 inch CRT is different from watching it on a projector screen or plasma/LED gives us that whole "theater" look of seeing the content.

Of course the equipment is dependent on the finances of the invidividual and one should not outspend one's income to get the best equipment since that wouldn't be wise or practical..

Also, home entertainment via a "home theater" is only one aspect of one's way of enjoying the arts.. It shouldn't be the end all as with everything. Life is full of things to help us enjoy life.. reading, writing, interacting with people, and other hobbies..

my two cents.
post #3 of 4 Old 06-12-13, 09:42 AM
HTS Moderator

Joe

My System

Quote:
tripplej wrote: View Post
Personally, my take on "home theater" is to enhance the viewing and listening of recreational entertainment, i.e. watching movies and tv shows as well as listening to music.

To me, having the best equipment, etc., is not the end all to enjoy one's music or movies. Main thing is to enhance it from the basic form (non home theater oriented equipment) to really appreciate the content the way the composer wanted us to experience it.

Listening to music on a boombox (from back in the day) to listening to it in 5.1 Surround sound allows us the ability to really hear the music just as watching tv on a 13 inch CRT is different from watching it on a projector screen or plasma/LED gives us that whole "theater" look of seeing the content.

Of course the equipment is dependent on the finances of the invidividual and one should not outspend one's income to get the best equipment since that wouldn't be wise or practical..

Also, home entertainment via a "home theater" is only one aspect of one's way of enjoying the arts.. It shouldn't be the end all as with everything. Life is full of things to help us enjoy life.. reading, writing, interacting with people, and other hobbies..

my two cents.
Eloquently put. For me, I have always enjoyed going to the theater and have long been a movie buff. Creating a home theater brought this enjoyment into my home and allowed us to share it as a family with spending oodles of money at the theater.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

post #4 of 4 Old 06-12-13, 10:27 AM
Elite Shackster

I meant to add also, "Home Theater" is only one means of enjoying the arts really. Of course, seeing plays live, going to an actual theater, going to outdoor concerts, etc., would also give you the same enjoyment of watching the arts minus the comforts of seeing it at home.

In regards to the technology usage, the main thing is that one should use technology side by side to enhance the viewing/listening pleasure of the arts!