Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/)
-   Chat Box SWAMP (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/chat-box-swamp/)
-   -   My Wife (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/chat-box-swamp/74410-my-wife.html)

JBrax 04-17-14 12:22 AM

My Wife

221 Attachment(s)
As some of you know my wife and I both work for Union Pacific railroad. I Don't normally participate much in this forum but I'm not a big fan of bad news and this is what I seem to encounter when reading within the chat swamp. Having said that I would like to give a shout out to my wonderful wife for being selected for a promotion to Yardmaster. This is a pretty big deal for our family and somewhat of a prestigious position within the ranks of UP. She was already one of a few female Engineers within the company and this is beyond that. I'm very proud of her!

ALMFamily 04-17-14 12:37 AM

Re: My Wife

Quote:

JBrax wrote: (Post 697212)
As some of you know my wife and I both work for Union Pacific railroad. I Don't normally participate much in this forum but I'm not a big fan of bad news and this is what I seem to encounter when reading within the chat swamp. Having said that I would like to give a shout out to my wonderful wife for being selected for a promotion to Yardmaster. This is a pretty big deal for our family and somewhat of a prestigious position within the ranks of UP. She was already one of a few female Engineers within the company and this is beyond that. I'm very proud of her!

Wow - that is awesome! A big congrats to her - hope she doesn't decide to fire you! :bigsmile:

JBrax 04-17-14 12:52 AM

221 Attachment(s)
Thanks Joe. Funny you should say that because my career is somewhat in her hands. I think I'll be ok though. I've actually chosen my job based on stress level and I like where I'm at but she has ascended both in pay, and also stress. She's much calmer and smarter than me though. I chose a smart woman but not sure what she saw in me? :)

chashint 04-17-14 01:49 AM

Yes BIG congratulations on the achievement.
:jump: :yay2:

JBrax 04-17-14 02:04 AM

221 Attachment(s)
Quote:

chashint wrote: (Post 697224)
Yes BIG congratulations on the achievement. :jump: :yay2:

Thank you! I'm very proud of her. :)

robbo266317 04-17-14 02:34 AM

That is wonderful news. It's always good to see people promoted on merit!
You are a very lucky man to have someone so talented. :T

Dwight Angus 04-17-14 08:17 AM

Congratulations. You both must be thrilled.

WRYKER 04-17-14 09:01 AM

Soooo does SHE choose the electronics for your house?! So she would need HAF vs WAF??!! :D

seriously though - anytime someone's career advances in this economy is a GREAT thing!

JBrax 04-17-14 09:25 AM

221 Attachment(s)
Quote:

WRYKER wrote: (Post 697506)
Soooo does SHE choose the electronics for your house?! So she would need HAF vs WAF??!! :D seriously though - anytime someone's career advances in this economy is a GREAT thing!

No, I'm still in charge of that department. She calls me the E.C.I.C. (Entertainment coordinator in charge). :)

Mike0206 04-17-14 10:25 AM

Quote:

JBrax wrote: (Post 697554)
No, I'm still in charge of that department. She calls me the E.C.I.C. (Entertainment coordinator in charge). :)

You could be the CEO( chief entertainment officer) lol