FS: unRAID Plus Server 5.0 Build just add HDDs, Abit, Intel Core 2 Duo, Seasonic $299 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #1 of 5 Old 08-02-13, 11:34 AM Thread Starter
Shackster

Smile unRAID Plus Server 5.0 Build just add HDDs, Abit, Intel Core 2 Duo, Seasonic $299

unRAID Server with Plus license key included (key alone was $69).

This is a fully featured paid version of unRAID server running on the following very stable hardware that
I found to be rock-solid for unRAID (I used it with 6 WD Red 3TB drives). I ran it for 2 months with zero problems. unRAID OS is included and running on Patriot USB Fast drive. Server boots up and runs, you need to add hard drives, cages accept up to 12 (twelve) 3.5" hard drives with effective cooling. Motherboard already has 8 SATA connectors available onboard.
I spent a lot of time to organize the inside of the case for clean airflow and just for neatness. Please see pictures attached.
Overall system is optimized for low electricity consumption.

* Intel Dual Core Core 2 Duo E6400 CPU 2.13GHz
* Geil heatsinked 4x1GB high-end memory true dual channel
* Abit high-end IP35 Pro LG775 P35 Intel Chipset ATX motherboard with dual LAN and 8 SATA ports
* Seasonic 500W ATX Bronze Power supply with PFC
* Two Silverstone power rails with capacitors for stable power to HDDs
* Low-noise ball bearing fans (5x 120mm and 2x 80mm)
* Rosewill server case chassis with excellent thermodynamics and airflow, my hard drives's temps
never went up past 30 degrees Celsius even under load
* Contains VGA card for very low current draw

Happy to send you a log for you to confirm configuration and h/w.

Please add $30 for shipping in cont USA, server is heavy when doubleboxed and it will arrive double boxed and insured. Please view my perfect score on eBay, just message me for eBay id link. If you decide to do this transaction on eBay please add another 10% to the total price. I finished building another server and selling this one now.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-12-13, 03:47 PM
Shackster
cconklin1

Re: unRAID Plus Server 5.0 Build just add HDDs, Abit, Intel Core 2 Duo, Seasonic $299

I would also like to put my two cents in here and say that this seller is super honest and a genuine pleasure to work with.
post #3 of 5 Old 02-03-14, 05:10 PM
Elite Shackster

My System
Re: unRAID Plus Server 5.0 Build just add HDDs, Abit, Intel Core 2 Duo, Seasonic $299

This server sounds interesting....I used to have a HP HomeServer which bit the dust a few years back. Have been looking at ideas for a new server....primarily for video (MKV), music, and photo's.
So its UnRaid Plus and supports 7 drives correct?
Is there a maximum size HD it takes ex. 4 TB?
What type of clients does it require to communicate?
Any specific reason you used WD RED drives?
Does this server OS allow or have add on applications?
What is its compatibility with Win 8.1 PRO, Android 4.1 etc?
I will try and view your photos that you posted, currently they don't show on the computer I'm using.
Can you hook a monitor direct to the server and play videos etc (whats the interface software) and if so what type of connection (HDMI/VGA)

Home Theater System Denon AVR4520CI, Emotiva XPA-5 Gen 2, Polk CSi A6 Center, Polk RTi A9 Front, Polk RTi A7 Front Wide, Polk RTi A1 Front Height, Polk FXi A6 Side, Polk RTi A3 Rear, SVS PB12-NSD x2 Front, SVS PC12-NSD x2 Rear, Panasonic PT-AE7000U, Visual Apex CineWhite 100" Screen, PS4, Dish Hopper, Darbee Darblet DVP 5000.My Home Theater Build
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

post #4 of 5 Old 02-04-14, 08:51 PM
Senior Shackster

My System

Pictures?
post #5 of 5 Old 02-04-14, 08:51 PM
Senior Shackster

My System

Can you post some pictures please?
Closed Thread