FS: New psa 7201 reduced for quick sale - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #1 of 6 Old 10-21-17, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

bundini

My System
New psa 7201 reduced for quick sale

PSA 7201 SUBWOOFER FOR SALE ONLY 4 DAYS LEFT FOR LISTING $3100 OBO

Hello to all,
This is a limited time listing for a new PSA 7201 sealed subwoofer that I'm offering to anyone who's interested in the ultimate in home audio ULF bass reproduction. This is the most powerful subwoofer that I've had the opportunity to audition in my home. I won't get into the details of why I decided to return the sub except to say it's too much for my space and my age. I'm giving someone the chance to own this sub below the pre-order price PSA was selling it for and what I paid for it $3500. Obviously this is local pickup only and like I said this listing will last for a limited time only. You can buy from PSA now for $3500 for a little longer (Then $4000) or from me for $3100. I MUST SELL THE SUB, I"M GIVING IT AWAY AT THIS PRICE $3100. Please don't ask why I'm selling this sub for $3100 OBO.

This sub has a total of 6 hours of use and is in perfect working order, it has been out of my system and not used for weeks and is covered with a sheet and plastic wrap, buy now for $3100 and save me the trouble of returning it. Only serious inquiries please.

You get all the specifics here on the PSA site. https://www.powersoundaudio.com/coll...products/s7201

Here's one picture of it in my home, I have also included some REW measurements I took at various locations at and around the PLP. Thank you for looking, all questions will be answered, at $3100 OBO

discount I will offer this sub. I also have all the packaging material the sub shipped with.

There's a measurement at MV -15 and one at MV -9 at the PLP about 15-16 feet from the sub, the mic clipped at the last measurement of -9 MV.

Thanks for looking, I really hope I can sell this sub to someone who can take advantage of what it can really do and I'm happy that I can offer it at this below pre-order pricing. I live 15 minutes from the Greater Pittsburgh Airport in PA. PM if interested, all reasonable offers considered. Like I said this is a limited time listing and will be going back to PSA for trade in so grab it if you think this is for you at this price.
Attached Thumbnails
New psa 7201 reduced for quick sale-7201-004.jpg  

New psa 7201 reduced for quick sale-9-mv-7201-16-feet-mlp-newest-graph.jpg  

New psa 7201 reduced for quick sale-c-sub-bottom-sub-only-top.jpg  

Last edited by needspeed52; 10-26-17 at 01:22 PM. Reason: LISTING WILL BE TAKEN DOWN
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-21-17, 08:51 PM
Shackster

Re: New psa 7201 reduced for quick sale

You need to re-post your original reason for selling this my man, I read it over on AVS Fourm, that was some classic stuff!
post #3 of 6 Old 10-22-17, 03:01 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

bundini

My System

Quote:
dickfantastic wrote: View Post
You need to re-post your original reason for selling this my man, I read it over on AVS Fourm, that was some classic stuff!
ASK and you shall receive.........There's a lot more over there about mine and other folks thoughts about this 7201 subwoofer and the reaction to my post "Why I can't keep the 7201"

Hey Guys, I just wanted to let you that I will be returning the 7201, it's a sad day to have to say this but for my health and the well being of my wife and the integrity of my house the 7201 is just too much sub for my space, I wish I could cut it in half. This sub just treats my house like it's made of balsa wood, it's the most powerful subwoofer I've ever heard or felt. It also has the best response of any sub or combination of subs I've had in my home.

I was taking some compression sweeps and the mic ran out of headroom at 110dB at 6 Hz, no kidding, this is a weapon of mass destruction. I just never expected this type of power from a single subwoofer, it's overkill for my space, I can't believe I just said that. I was watching Wonder Woman with the sub 5dB hot and at MV -12, it was great until she went crazy and attacked the Nazis. My couch felt like it was going to explode, my feet were burning and my heart rate was through the room and my chest felt like I was being hit by a professional boxer and I couldn't breathe.

MY wife came down screaming thinking something happened down in my room, she thought I was using a jackhammer on the carpet over concrete. She told me what was going on up there and I didn't believe her so I played that 5-6 minute scene over again and went upstairs. Several of her candle jars had vibrating off the shelves and shattered, her 110 pound plasma TV was ready to vibrate off the stand and fall, I had to hold onto it. I know you guys must be thinking I'm exaggerating but when I say her 200 pound chair with wooden claw feet and ottoman literally rocking from side to side. I put cat liter on her chair cushion and the sand was actually dancing to the sound waves. It was literally scary walking up there for fear of the floor (concrete) cracking and collapsing. I watched the filament in the light bulbs wiggling and thought they would explode, I never finished the rest of that scene.

You guys strive for this type of body attacks and TR, I don't know how you can take it, for me it's dangerous to my health, especially my breathing which is labored already, the 7201 leaves me breathless literally. The pedal wasn't even near the metal either, there was a lot more headroom on tap. I feel really bad not having the PSA Flagship product in my home, for once in my life I had to agree with the misses that the 7201 is too much sub for our home which seems to be a conduit for ULF energy transference. I've had subs in here before that pressurized my living room but never a whole house pressurization subwoofer like the 7201. I had to pop my ears by holding my nose with my fingers and blowing the air out through my ears for fear of a nose bleed.

By the way the front of the sub is physically 17' from the PLP and I felt like I was sitting an inch away from it, I don't know what those cavities do but apparently something comes out of them. As big as the sub is it's not localizable in my smaller room and you saw the measurements taken from 14 spots at and around the PLP and then the average of the 14.

I really feel bad having to return the sub within the 60 day in home trial window because in five years and 20 subwoofers later I've never ever returned a single sub in the 30-60 day free return window. I don't know why I saved the 40 pound pallet and all the foam inserts but I'm glad I did. Now I have to go rent a power stair climber dolly to get this 8th wonder of the world up the steps. I wish everyone could at least get to hear and feel this 7201 even if they don't but it, it's like nothing I've ever experienced from a single subwoofer. This is a uniquely designed one of a kind WOMD (weapon of mass destruction), the military could use this device. I'll try and get some compression sweeps up cause I know you guys have doubts that I had 110dB at 6 Hz. I had 100dB at 6 Hz running regular sweeps at MV 15 I think.

I won't be able to get this back down to Jim for a few more weeks so if anybody's interested and is in a reasonable driving distance to the Pittsburgh Airport you can get a brand new 7201 for the pre-order price, I'll even take off a few $$s to ease my conscience of having to return the sub for a credit. I haven't decided what's going to replace it yet, maybe something a bit more manageable like dual V3600s, I could at least separate those with one in the front and one in the rear in my 27" long room. I'm serious about this so if anybody's interested please let me know, I'll get it up the stairs and it's 15' to the curb after that. I can't tell you how bad I feel, seriously, I don't want to end up in the hospital or divorced.........

I REALLY WANT TO SEE THIS SUB GO TO A GOOD HOME AND BE USED WHAT IT WAS DESIGNED FOR....................PUTTING SMILES ON PEOPLE'S FACES, NOT ME GRIMACING......

Cheers Jeffrey

post #4 of 6 Old 10-22-17, 05:37 PM
Shackster

I have an idea. Load up the truck, grab the wife and take a nice vacation. Come to Montana, plenty of great stuff to see here. Bring your sub and I will buy it!
post #5 of 6 Old 10-22-17, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

bundini

My System

Quote:
dickfantastic wrote: View Post
I have an idea. Load up the truck, grab the wife and take a nice vacation. Come to Montana, plenty of great stuff to see here. Bring your sub and I will buy it!
Packing the truck up now, see you in a few days.........................
post #6 of 6 Old 10-22-17, 07:45 PM
Shackster

That would sound SO INCREDIBLE in my garage... Montana really is beautiful this time of year, and if you've ever wanted to see Glacier or Yellowstone without being mobbed by loads of tourists, now is the time to visit before it really gets snowed in for the year. I love the Yellowstone area, and if you're ever close check out Chico Hot Springs. There is nothing quite like sipping a nice beverage outdoors in a hot spring while the snow falls and it's sub-zero outside.
Closed Thread