JRiver Media Center and JRemote iOS app - Page 2 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #11 of 25 Old 04-19-14, 09:47 AM
Shackster

Re: JRiver Media Center and JRemote iOS app

I think it might be the windows firewall blocking it. Found this post on jriver's forum

Okay, king of the noobs here. So I installed the JRemote app to iphone 4s, entered the access key. I get an error: "Access key was verified, but computer connection failed. Make sure your computer is running and connected to a network." I am trying to connect to my laptop which is wirelessly connected to my Netgear WNDR3700 router.

Any help? Huh Huh

Thank You very much.

SOLVED! ok, I knew I was a noob but this is embarrassing. It may help others though so I will put away my shame and share......In Windows 7 firewall, when you open the "Turn Windows Firewall on or Off" window I was overlooking this setting: "Block all connections, Including those in the list of allowed connections list".

It is now working.

Thank You Sven and JimH!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 25 Old 04-20-14, 06:31 AM Thread Starter
Shackster

Thanks for the info. I'll check and see if that is the same on windows 8 when I've got a few minutes and report back.
post #13 of 25 Old 04-20-14, 07:47 AM
Elite Shackster

Jack

My System

Interesting, I was lucky enough to be able to make it work early on and when it works, it is very very well thought out.

Good Listening

Jack

"For those who believe no proof is needed for those who don't believe no proof is possible"

post #14 of 25 Old 04-28-14, 03:24 PM
HTS Moderator

Joe

My System

Quote:
Randie wrote: View Post
Thanks for the info. I'll check and see if that is the same on windows 8 when I've got a few minutes and report back.
Not sure if you got this figured out yet, but I was able to spend a bit of time on it and I finally got it working - matter of fact I am listening to it now on my iPad.

So, here is what I did:

1. I figured out what my external ip was - there is a service that will do this called whatsmyip.org.

2. I went into my router and figured out what internal address was in use by my computer where jriver was running.

3. I went into the advanced functions of my router and set up port forwarding for port 52199 on the internal ip I found in step 2.

4. Instead of going through the webgizmo page where you enter the access code, I entered my external ip in a browser followed by a ":52199". That took me to the library page you see on their site which allows you to select Webgizmo.

Pretty sure that was all there was to it...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

post #15 of 25 Old 04-28-14, 03:45 PM
HTS Moderator

Joe

My System

And, I just tried using the internal ip from the browser followed by the same :52199 and it worked there as well. When I used the external ip, there was a pause between the first and second track as it converted from FLAC to mp3 and buffered.

That same pause is there using the internal ip as well. It takes a fair bit between tracks. There may be something to having to tap the screen (iPad) to get it to go to the next track. Still playing with it...

post #16 of 25 Old 04-28-14, 04:05 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

I'll try your suggestions and see what happens. I'll post the results. Thanks for the info.
post #17 of 25 Old 04-28-14, 09:27 PM
HTS Moderator

Joe

My System

Continued to play with it - got it working inside of iRule now as well so that I can use my iPad for total control. What fun!

post #18 of 25 Old 04-29-14, 05:53 AM Thread Starter
Shackster

I'm jealous. I have tried to do what you said in your instructions and I must be computer illiterate because I can't make it work. I must not be imputing the right info. I think I'll contact my router company and ask for help. Very frustrating. I seem to be waisting an inordinate amount of time on this and everyone makes it sound so simple.
post #19 of 25 Old 04-29-14, 08:22 AM
Elite Shackster

RTS100x5

Quite often a very simple mistake is being overlooked... dont give up .... if we could remote assist iphones the way we do with PC's ......

Once we get this cleared up, I can show you guys how to run Ozone5 VST plugin to get some awesome sound tweaks
post #20 of 25 Old 04-29-14, 08:32 AM
Elite Shackster

RTS100x5

Quote:
Randie wrote: View Post
I'm jealous. I have tried to do what you said in your instructions and I must be computer illiterate because I can't make it work. I must not be imputing the right info. I think I'll contact my router company and ask for help. Very frustrating. I seem to be waisting an inordinate amount of time on this and everyone makes it sound so simple.
What is your WiFi router model ?