3.75 cu.ft. sealed sdx15 w/ oaudio 500w plate amp - Page 4 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #31 of 41 Old 09-05-11, 03:38 PM
Elite Shackster

bigbadbill

Re: 3.75 cu.ft. sealed sdx15 w/ oaudio 500w plate amp

I'm glad your enjoying it. I still get a smile everytime I hear nice clean bass in music and think "that wouldn't be there without the sub
If you post your setup and problem in the REW forum they will be able to sort it out.

Cheers,
Bill.

Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.

DIY completed:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 41 Old 09-05-11, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Thanks, Bill. It is quite "ear" opening to hear songs all over again and what I have been missing.

I have already left a post in the rew thread, hope to get help soon.
post #33 of 41 Old 09-19-11, 01:19 PM
Senior Shackster
Adam

The crown XTI series are not known for having very good output in the bottom most octave, that is just a design weakness of that series. I'd recommend a Behringer EP2000, or the newer iNuke series if you want to try something with DSP built in. Personally, i use a DCX 2496 for my DSP, and a QSX RMX2450 For the SDX15 in a 14~ cube internal LLT tuned for 15hz.

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/NU1000DSP.aspx

The iNuke1000DSP fits what you're looking for.

Remember, you can always turn the gains down to limit the output. But you can't EASILY make a weak amp stronger.

post #34 of 41 Old 09-19-11, 01:26 PM
Shackster

I would buy that in a minute if I didn't already have the Crown, which by the way seems to have all the power it needs to drive my subs, which only need about 1/3 of its maximum rated output
post #35 of 41 Old 11-24-11, 06:35 AM
Shackster
Ejorne

Is this oaudio 500W plate-amp enough for the SDX15?

I have also a sdx15 fed by a Hypex DS4.0 plate-amp. This amp rated at 400W rms.
(see this topic at a dutch forum... Oh, i cannot make a link? )
Anyway, It goes as louder than i can handle but i hope with more power (for example the Hypex DS8.0) to get more controll en detail. Is it so?

I have looked at those Behringer amps. With build-in dsp it looks to me a great amp. BUT, the power from those Behringer amps is rated at max-power. So, the 1000DSP will give 1000 watt at 4 Ohm bridged at maximum. So, maybe this Behringer iNuke 1000DSP is weaker than mine Hypex DS4.0? Which means i probbably better go for the iNuke 3000 or 6000?

And what about de damping factor? Is 140 high enough? Mine hypex DS4.0 has a factor of 1000. I'm looking for more detail in bass and someone did tell me that this damping factor is important and must be as high as possible...

So, should i stick by mine Hypex DS4.0, go for the DS8.0 or pick a Behringer 3(6)000DSP?

/edit;
Btw, i did test with placement around my room. First my sdx was placed as downfire but now it has become front fire. Much better now with ff and righg place. But want those last improvements too if possible

Last edited by Ejorne; 11-26-11 at 01:58 AM.
post #36 of 41 Old 12-29-12, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

I haven't been around here too much lately, but wanted you all to know that I am still thrilled with this sub. It has been the best addition to my system and still puts a smile on my face. Thanks to all that helped along the way.
post #37 of 41 Old 12-29-12, 11:21 PM
Elite Shackster

Mike

Good to hear you are enjoying your sub. We're still waiting to see if there will be a SDX15 MK II.

We're all in this together!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

post #38 of 41 Old 12-30-12, 10:25 AM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

I know. I was SO lucky to find a good used sdx15. I can't believe the bad luck Bob and CSS are having with that driver. I couldn't have waited this long.
post #39 of 41 Old 01-27-14, 04:22 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

I haven't been around here much lately. Too busy enjoying my clean tight bass!!! I truly feel sorry for those that were waiting for the sdx15mkII. This sub build was the best upgrade to my system. Thanks again to all that helped along the way.

On a side note, also sorry to see that oaudio is no longer out there. I feel so lucky to have gotten what I got when I got it.
post #40 of 41 Old 01-28-14, 02:11 PM
Senior Shackster

steve

I feel fortunate to have mine also. It’s a great driver imo and sims really well for a 15”