CRT based RPTV Convergence Repairs - Page 17 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #161 of 305 Old 08-16-08, 07:05 PM Thread Starter
Plain ole user

Tech Guru

Send a message via AIM to lcaillo
Re: CRT based RPTV Convergence Repairs

Start by reading the first 10 posts in this thread.

Looking for me, just google my username. I have used the same one for most sites for many years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #162 of 305 Old 08-17-08, 02:46 PM
Shackster
Nouseforaname

Hello there. Thanks for your advice about the convergence. It's impressing how someone is detailed about the information they speak of so I appreciate it. I do have a question though. I recently purchased a Mitsubishi WS-55909 and I have no idea if the convergence is bad or not. I have to get it working first by the DM Module. But if the convergence is bad, what IC should I be getting for this set? I tried looking at what the IC looks like in the back of the tv but a mirror and light didn't really help. I'm just being cautious for the future or if the tv convergence is bad when I get it working.
post #163 of 305 Old 08-17-08, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
Plain ole user

Tech Guru

You usually have to take the heat sink clip off of the Mitsubishi convergence ICs to see what they are. What makes you think that the DM is bad?

Please start a new thread for each set, and give details about the methods and findings of any diagnosis.

Looking for me, just google my username. I have used the same one for most sites for many years.

post #164 of 305 Old 08-17-08, 05:01 PM
Shackster
Nouseforaname

You're right but since I'm new, I don't think I ca yet. The DM module is bad as the seller who sold me the tv set said this. They had it checked out by a service person and said it's the DM module. So I'm just going to repair it myself from the steps at HDTVoice. I don't really know if the convergence is messed up because it hasn't powered on yet. But if it is, I will follow your steps and repair it myself. I just see this talk about resistors and fuses and have no clue which resistors or fuses to replace if I replace the IC's. Sorry if this is off subject though. I'd just like to know because I followed a link to another site and it was selling two STK IC's, STK392-180 and STK392-180/O. The one with the "/O" is more expensive. I don't understand any of these terms so if possible, correct me, help me out if you can. Once again, sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. I'm just curious about the convergence issue if my set has one.
post #165 of 305 Old 08-17-08, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
Plain ole user

Tech Guru

Look in the parts supplier thread for reliable distributors. There are lots of bad parts out there. If you want real information you have to be specific by giving details like the name of the distributor and the details of what the set is doing. Are you getting the flashing LED or is the set dead?

I suspect the "/O" means original, as in original Sanyo part, but this is likely specific to the vendor, and you did not give that information.

There is no way to know if you have a convergence issue until you determine what the other problems are. Regardless please start a new thread.

post #166 of 305 Old 08-20-08, 02:46 PM
Shackster
Nouseforaname

Alright. I installed the capacitors and my tv actually went on. I'm so glad. The convergence was off a tiny bit. Blue and red are perfect. I'm just concerned about the green. It looks off a little. What could that be?
post #167 of 305 Old 08-20-08, 09:53 PM Thread Starter
Plain ole user

Tech Guru

Capacitors? After repair, it is typical to have to do some alignment. The green must be adjusted in the service menu. The red and blue can be touched up in the consumer menu.

post #168 of 305 Old 08-20-08, 10:16 PM
Shackster
Nouseforaname

Yeah, I had to get it working, remember? My tv's working now and like I said the blue and red are perfect. The green could be fixed but I don't know how to get to it. How do I fix it myself? How do I get to the service menu? I should look this up. Thanks.
post #169 of 305 Old 08-21-08, 05:34 AM Thread Starter
Plain ole user

Tech Guru

Ah, the DM caps. If you are going to do service level convergence, I suggest getting a copy of the manual so that you at least know where the adjustments are.

post #170 of 305 Old 08-21-08, 12:11 PM
Shackster
Nouseforaname

I have the manual that came with the tv, I'm not sure if that's considered the service manual or not. Maybe it's just my eyes acting up on me but I'm not really sure. Where it shows the channel and if it's 480i or not, it's yellow originally but the green is coming off from the left of the words. I'd take a picture but I know it won't come out correctly. Maybe it's fine and I'm making a bigger deal of things.
Closed Thread