CRT based RPTV Convergence Repairs - Page 20 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #191 of 305 Old 10-02-08, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
Plain ole user

Tech Guru

Send a message via AIM to lcaillo
Re: CRT based RPTV Convergence Repairs

I was just warning that I do not trust the TT parts. The part numbers for the kits that I list in the parts post are the numbers that we use to buy them all the time. Just got a couple in from TriTronics a couple of days ago. Just check stock by those part numbers at any of the Hitachi distributors. Vance Baldwin is another good one, as is Andrews.

Looking for me, just google my username. I have used the same one for most sites for many years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #192 of 305 Old 10-02-08, 02:51 PM
juleswinter
Inactive

I checked those Hitachi Kits at the sites like Titronics, Andrews and Vance. Titronics is the only site that lists the contents of the kits, and none of them have the STK394-160, they seem to use the STK392-150. The other sites don't list the kit contents. Any suggestions as to which kit from which distributor will have the 394-160?
post #193 of 305 Old 10-02-08, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
Plain ole user

Tech Guru

Like I said, we buy them all the time from TriTronics, and all of the kits they have now have the -160. Hithachi originally upgraded the STK392-110 to the STK392-150, then later to the STK394-160. TriTronics sold through the old kits long ago as far as I know. If you are in doubt, call them and ask.

Looking for me, just google my username. I have used the same one for most sites for many years.

post #194 of 305 Old 10-02-08, 04:42 PM
juleswinter
Inactive

I just called them and they said all their kits come with the 392-150's. They sell the 394-160s separately (that was the link I posted originally), but supposedly not in any kits...little confused here. Does it matter, or should I just get the kit and use whatever comes in it?
post #195 of 305 Old 10-02-08, 07:05 PM Thread Starter
Plain ole user

Tech Guru

Called who? Tritronics? Like I said, we order them all the time. Haven't received a -150 in over a year.

post #196 of 305 Old 10-04-08, 12:52 PM
Ken1970
Inactive

Thank you for so much information. I have followed your advice and bought a Sony replacement "kit" STK394-160 to upgrade the original STK392-110's I have in my Toshiba HD TV. I have the set pulled apart and find the IC's sandwiched between the heat sink and a soldered in vertical card. There is no room to remove the screws from the IC's. Only approximately 1/2 inch clearance in front of the screws. I would hate to unsolder that entire vertical card. Do you have any advice for me??

Thanks!
post #197 of 305 Old 10-04-08, 01:06 PM Thread Starter
Plain ole user

Tech Guru

Remove the heat sinks. Be sure to resolder all of the joints on that board with ring cracks.

post #198 of 305 Old 10-04-08, 01:33 PM
Ken1970
Inactive

Thanks for all of your help!
post #199 of 305 Old 10-18-08, 01:25 AM
Shackster
DaveG

Icaillo,

I've just joined the forum, and I must say this thread has been the most informative I've found so far - thank you for all the info you've provided at the start.

The vertical convergence of the blue on my Pioneer Elite Pro610HD just went, resulting in a large, sweeping "wave" of blue along the bottom of the screen. After researching many forums, I've come to the conclusion the one of the STK's has gone bad, or a bad solder joint (well aware of Pioneer problems, I fixed the power supply a long time ago)

What would you recommend for STK392-110 replacement on this particular model? Some sites say STK 392-150, yours recommends STK394-160, which seems to be hard to find on the companies listed on the distributors thread.

I'm pulling the conv. block tomorrow to check for obvious problems, may have to get resistors and pIco fuses as well as the STK's ( I'm hoping just bad solder), do you recommend a place that has it all, perhaps a kit? Thank you for your help.

Last edited by Dave610; 10-18-08 at 01:33 AM.
post #200 of 305 Old 10-18-08, 07:52 AM Thread Starter
Plain ole user

Tech Guru

Please start a new thread to discuss each new problem.

I use the STK394-160 in that set.

Closed Thread