Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/)
-   DIY Repair and Maintenance (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/diy-repair-maintenance/)
-   -   Speaker popping during explosions (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/diy-repair-maintenance/159802-speaker-popping-during-explosions.html)

Apollomeo 11-16-16 12:10 PM

Speaker popping during explosions

I need some assistance figuring out why my front mains pop during BluRay playback. I have a Sherwood Newcastle R972 and Infinity OVTR 1 as my mains. Does not happen any other time except during explosions. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you.

ellisr63 11-16-16 01:02 PM

Re: Speaker popping during explosions

How loud are you listening to it? If you turn the volume down does it still pop on explosions?

Apollomeo 11-16-16 01:10 PM

I have the volume set low and even if I set it to where I can barely hear center channel, they still pop. You may not be familiar, but these speakers have powered subs.

ellisr63 11-16-16 01:14 PM

Quote:

Apollomeo wrote: (Post 1520322)
I have the volume set low and even if I set it to where I can barely hear center channel, they still pop. You may not be familiar, but these speakers have powered subs.

How is the gain set on the subs...wondering if they might be meant for a smaller situation then you have. Are these pops like when you power up a sub after a power outage?

Apollomeo 11-16-16 01:40 PM

I have the gain turned all the way to 0, which is as low as I can get on the sub amps. These pops are much stronger and louder than a power up.

Apollomeo 11-16-16 03:26 PM

So, I found an adjustment on my AMP for LFE (low frequency effects) where I found adjustments to reduce levels on different modes like DTS and DTS ES MAster Audio, etc.. Problem solved.
Thanks for your responses.

Andre 11-17-16 09:38 AM

You've probably done it already but I would check the speaker cables and also try swapping them out to see if the popping goes away.

opell 03-05-17 08:59 AM

I agree it has something to do with the volume and troubleshooting it using the same speaker will allow you to determine what is really the defect.