HTS-X3 & HTS-X4 - experimental N9 reflective screen mixes. - Page 3 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #21 of 26 Old 07-24-10, 01:51 PM
Shackster
Robert

Re: HTS-X3 & HTS-X4 - experimental N9 reflective screen mixes.

Sorry to hear about your comp...canīt live with them...canīt live without them.

I shall go to the local high end artist equipment dealer and check out prices in Sweden.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 Old 07-24-10, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
Moderator Emeritus
Don

Quote:
robert_1967 wrote: View Post
Sorry to hear about your comp...canīt live with them...canīt live without them.
I'll get things sorted, it's just a matter of time.

Quote:
I shall go to the local high end artist equipment dealer and check out prices in Sweden.
In the States I have found places on the Internet that discount Liquitex heavily (around 50%), perhaps you can find a Swedish equivalent. Also, keep in mind that it is mandatory to use the BASICS MATT paints and not the regular BASICS. This is kind of a drag here in the U.S. since most of the local artist supply stores only carry the BASICS line and we almost always have to order the BASICS MATT paints via mail order or Internet.

If you do your own experimentation with these paints, or any others, please know that you can have any samples spectro'ed by simply mailing them to either Mech, myself or both.
post #23 of 26 Old 09-22-11, 09:11 PM
Nak
Senior Shackster

My System

I know this is an old thread, but I was wondering if anything ever came of these mixes? Any hotspotting? Gain? Any comparisons to C&S? Any sparklies or grain evident? Thanks!

post #24 of 26 Old 09-22-11, 09:27 PM Thread Starter
Moderator Emeritus
Don

Quote:
Nak wrote: View Post
I know this is an old thread, but I was wondering if anything ever came of these mixes? Any hotspotting? Gain? Any comparisons to C&S? Any sparklies or grain evident? Thanks!
While the thread may be growing white hair the mixes are still good.

The HTS-X3 N8.7 mix is the mix that will be called Cream&Sugar International when it gets moved to the DIY Screen forum after gain and photo testing have been done. It doesn't hot spot or show sparkles or grain.

The problem is that only Mech can do gain testing, and we both have had very little free time to give to mix testing for quite some time. While we are serious about screens and screen mixes as a hobby, it is still a hobby and family and job must come first.
post #25 of 26 Old 09-22-11, 10:00 PM
Nak
Senior Shackster

My System

No explanations neccessary! We all have lives in the real world and I sure appreciate the work you guys do here. I look forward to seeing more about this mix.
post #26 of 26 Old 08-27-14, 01:17 AM

Hi guys,

I needed to paint a screen and I remembered I read this thread some time ago. I mixed 2 200mL tubes of Liquitex Basics Matt "Silver", 2 200mL tubes of Liquitex Basics Matt "Titanium White", and 2 75mL tubes of Liquitex Basics Matt "Neutral Gray Value 5".

I was aiming for N7.5 and I though I'd only need 1 tube of the N5 paint, but it was light enough after the first 75mL that that I used both tubes. I used water to get most/all of the paint fom the tubes.

I have an aging, ebay sourced Gretag i1 Pro. I'm not sure how accurate it still is. I have the calibration tile and such, but it's been years since it was certified, I'm sure. So take these results with a grain of salt. I'm not sure what to use to get D65 LAB results. I tried babelcolor ct&a...

Anyway, my screen measures (if I'm doing it right):

L*a*b* = (73.4, -0.48, -0.27)
RGB = (171,172,172)

Seems pretty good to me! So, thanks for all your work!

-greg