4 Screens at a Restaurant / Bar - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #1 of 4 Old 06-02-10, 12:07 AM Thread Starter

4 Screens at a Restaurant / Bar

Okay I need some help here. We initially painted the wall in my restaurant fairly close to the gray screens we compared it to. This really isn't working out too well.

I would greatly appreciate simple instructions on what to buy at common stores, home depot, sherwin williams, whatever, no online ordering.

I have 4 large screens, we will probably just do the entire wall.

During the day the ambient lighting is somewhat bright but there are no windows so it is essentially enough lighting to feel comfortable at a restaurant. We do soften the lighting in the evening and at night. I have been told I should find a 1.25 gain for my purpose

I have read way too much about this process and all the different varieties of how to do it and am completely frustrated.

Please I am begging. Simple Instructions - paint type and how much to mix. I am worried the BW n7.5 will be too dark.

You can see the room setup by visiting babesmadisondotcomforwardslashwelcome

Thank you whoever decided to comment here.

Last edited by Hake0015; 06-02-10 at 12:37 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-02-10, 02:39 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Don

Re: 4 Screens at a Restaurant / Bar

Hi Hake0015, welcome to the forum!

I assume the photo below is of the current screen you are using and represents the normal ambient lighting conditions when the PJ's are in use.

It would be handy to know what PJ's are being used and what modes they are in (full lamp or eco, dynamic or theater mode). Also, what brand of paint, and color, is the current screen.

What don't you like, or what attribute would you like to improve, from the performance seen in the above photo?

A suggestion that comes to mind is to decrease the table illumination of the tables closest to the screen, or to change to a focused lighting system for those tables. The goal is to get as much room light off the screen wall as possible.
post #3 of 4 Old 06-30-10, 01:02 AM
Shackster
RedZone

I tried a lot of different paints and Behr 1050 paint is durable and do-able and won't drain your purse. google ( Behr paint silver screen blackout cloth white opal pearl paint) you'll find others that have done the testing for you .Good luck

Last edited by RedZone; 07-06-10 at 10:00 PM.

post #4 of 4 Old 06-30-10, 09:39 AM
Elite Shackster

Tony

My System

One thing I would suggest is to paint the unused sections of the wall a dark color as this will give your images better contrast and help define where the one image stops and the next starts. The human eye perceives things differently that you might think and just by doing that it will improve the quality of the projected image.

Home theater:
Onkyo 805, Yamaha YDP2006EQ, Samson Servo 600 amp
3 EV Sentry 500 monitors across the front, 4 Mission 762i's Surrounds, SVS PB13U sub, Panasonic BDT220, Harmony 1100, Nintendo WiiU
Panasonic PT-AE8000 on a 120" 2,35:1 fixed screen

Living room system:
Sherwood/Newcastle R972, Mission 765's, SVS SBS02's, A/D/S MS3u sub, Yamaha YDG2030EQ
Yamaha KX-393 Tape deck, CDC 805 CD changer, Panasonic BD60, Sony turntable PS-T20
Panasonic TC-P50ST60, HD-PVR & WDTV Live, Harmony 900